PDA

View Full Version : Tripadvisor reviews are great, aren't they? They reveal so much about the reviewer. hehe

Berni
03-02-2015, 01:01 PM
This Alan Bennett-style freak, for instance:

Quote:

We sat ourselves at a small table because the others were occupied. There was nowhere to hang coats; if it had been a wet day, would NOT have wanted to sit on a wet coat.

After what seemed like a very long time the waitress came across and asked if we wanted menus - which she brought. One of the menus was sticky.

We then chose and waited again for her to take our order. To be fair, the place was busy and understaffed.

She brought the tea but without a jug of hot water (which I had requested) and, much later, our food. My omlette was nicely cooked and tasty but Mother's fish was coated in very hard batter; some of the chips were also so hard that she could NOT stick her fork in them.

I suppose I should have asked for the tea to be brought after Mother had eaten because it was stone cold by the time she was ready for it.

I appreciate that it's an old building but I can't understand why the toilets were up one step and then down three without anything between. The gents' toilet was dirty and smelly (no ventilation), there was no way of telling which were the hot and cold taps (the indices had been stolen); the inner door was wedged open (that's probably contrary to legislation). Obviously the floor had NOT been cleaned for a while the door frame of the WC cubiclehad rotted away for three or four inches at the bottom.

Sir Charlie of Nicholas
03-02-2015, 01:10 PM
Several of which I have been subject to :-(