PDA

View Full Version : That charming old dear AW might want to recognize that he most

Paul Vaessen's moment of glory
02-26-2015, 01:21 PM
probably will never win a European Cup (Europa League included) - the possibility of it at this stage of his career, when he is very unlikely to change his ways, looks rather slim. He didn't grab one when he was in his genius "prime" (when he was rather badly let down by his players on a few occasions it has to be said), so really why not focus of the realistic stuff (and I know his fanatical concubines love being sensible and realistic) like the FA Cup for instance? Also, where did all this confidence of "we're gonna sweep Monaco aside" amongst our fans come from? They have one hell of a defence, excellent pace and Berbatov, who, even at 32, is an exceptional player. Just saying, I know this post will be most popular :-) Of course with the Arsenal, one never knows, we could win 3-0 over there, but we're still nowhere near 3-4 other teams in the competition. And we do have some bloody good players too.

Ronaldooooooo
02-26-2015, 01:28 PM
They just seemed to be able to nudge us off the ball at will.

Classic Jorge
02-26-2015, 01:30 PM
He'll do it, mark my words he'll do it.

02-26-2015, 01:31 PM

Jake
02-26-2015, 01:31 PM
Our pass completion rate must've been dire last night.

02-26-2015, 01:36 PM
even turned around baffled once. Not saying I'm proud of spewing profanities, but it was the NLD and I'm no friend of his. I know his gf/mother of his kids cause she used to go out with a guitar player in a band I was in, so I know her quite well. Addled? One chance - one goal. A couple of sublime touches. Just because he played for the scum and the manc scum (ok, that's reason enough actually) doesn't mean you need to belittle his talent - he was a most wonderful,"top top quality" player, who's still capable of producing magic, trust me, they show all the Monaco games over here and I keep an eye on him as it goes.
As for AW and a trumph in Europe, I join you in prayer - for Arsene and Omarion!

Peter
02-26-2015, 01:38 PM
You cant just pick cazorla and ozil and expect one of them to metamorphise into a responsible, balanced midfield player. The line up was bull****.

We need to rebuild the midfield in the summer. Get rid of the constnstly injured and the past it and buy at least one good player

02-26-2015, 01:41 PM
can get up on the bell tower and yelp "I told you so!". I agree with you on that one.

Classic Jorge
02-26-2015, 01:43 PM
He's no Krasmir Balakov, mind. And he's not even close to Jesus Hristo

02-26-2015, 02:09 PM
do with a Balakov and in fact he looks rather trim nowadays, always did. Sign him up, sign 'im' aap, sign 'im aaap!

Supermac1976
02-26-2015, 02:19 PM
His post football career has been rather interesting.

Luis Anaconda
02-26-2015, 02:31 PM
same time. Reasonable people that is

Peter
02-26-2015, 02:43 PM
Someone referring to luck might be achieving the ultimate triumph in hope over experience.

Jack is a walking injury and arteta, though wonderful, is becoming increasingly injury prone with his age. It is not unlucky, lets face it. Its three players who you can almost guarantee are going to be injured more often than not. The last 18 months seem to suggest that ramsey is heading in the same direction.

So get rid of arteta and diaby and replace them with a player who might be available more often than not.

Of those available,vrosicky has proved a more reliable midfield option than the other two. Ox has the potential to do it but needs to develop that side of his game more.

Picking ozil and cazorla together, the result is inevitable.

Luis Anaconda
02-26-2015, 02:52 PM
Arteta hardly missed a game last season so the getting more injury prone with age *******s is a hard one to justify - oh and this is the first time all four of them have been out at the same time. Would say that was a shade unlucky

Peter
02-26-2015, 04:27 PM
And i didnt think he was injured last night. I severely doubt that wenger would have picked him alongside coquelin anyway so it isnt really relevant to the initial point.

Arteta didnt start about 18 games last season. I wouldnt desribe that as 'hardly missing a game'.

This time last season we were desperately short in midfield and saying exactly the same thing. My point is that there are a few in there whovare always injured and others, like arteta and ramsey,vwho appear to be going that way.

And i note you ignored the rosicky point as well.

Peter
02-26-2015, 04:32 PM
If anything he is the last pick behind coquelin and arteta. I cannot believ that wenger would have started him against monaco alongside coquelin. I just do not buy it so i dont think it is relevant.v

Luis Anaconda
02-26-2015, 04:45 PM
Fairly sure the league runs through the whole season so a better guide I would say than throwing in random cup matches were rotation is more common. Four of the games were the first four of the season - that means from the middle of September to May he missed 3 league games - one of which he was suspended for. Meaning in seven months he missed two games (and he may have been rested for one or both of these)- where were all these injuries then?

I take you point about Flamini should have said at the start of the season. I fully agree Tomas should have played though

Peter
02-26-2015, 05:13 PM
Champions league and our 'glorious FA cup run' are hardly random matches. However, i take the point that he wasnt constantly injured, that is certsinly not true. I have an impression that he is becoming more prone to injury and, given his age, is taking longer to recover from them. Seems that way this season but i suppose it could be a bad year.

Diaby and jack have dreadful injury records and ramsey has had almost constant problems since christmas last year. With the first two in the squad you are more reliant on arteta and ramsey to stay fit.

You have to question their merits as well. Diaby will obviously leave, arteta's age is going to start limiting him if it hasnt already. Jack, when fit, is hardly ever match fit and has shown very little good form for a good while. Ramsey flits between good and awful and seems to do very little of the dirty work in midfield.

I am convinced we need a new one. Some great big strapping german lad with a brain, technique and a good temperament. They knock them out every week dont they? Surely we can find one.

Alexism - Atheoist
02-27-2015, 05:56 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZpcZC1mBIk

redgunamo
02-27-2015, 09:24 AM