PDA

View Full Version : Surely this is another lot of tosh, isn't it?

Nicosia Gooner
02-15-2015, 09:38 PM
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/santi-c azorla-atletico-madrid-talks-5168650 (http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/santi-cazorla-atletico-madrid-talks-5168650)

devongunner
02-15-2015, 09:43 PM
not that I want them to(he said hastily) but you only have to look at today and think that Ramsey and Wilshere are due back, plus Zelalem and the new kid we signed in January and we seem to be over staffed. Rosicky as well.

Interestingly owen whose commentary I am not wild about said today that Theo's finishing is the weak part of his game. hard to disagree

the splendor of antigone
02-15-2015, 09:46 PM

the splendor of antigone
02-15-2015, 09:52 PM
Polish kid? This isn't 2008 :hehe:

devongunner
02-15-2015, 09:56 PM

Nicosia Gooner
02-15-2015, 09:57 PM
be crazy, absolutely crazy

We spent several years trying to have a stronger squad and suddenly people are looking for some players to go, because we have too many. Incredible!

And as for Theo, scoring is his weakness? You do realise that before his injury he scored 23 goals in the season

He scored 3 goals since his come back after being a whole year out, what exactly do fans expect from him?

The idiotic Michael Owen is the one who made that stupid comment of Theo's weakness being his scoring, just like the cnut Waddle accused him of not being a natural footballer and our fans buy it.

:furious:

BTW, we must meet up for :lager: and we can discuss this too!

devongunner
02-15-2015, 10:01 PM
Cazorla is 30 and Spanish. It shouldn't be surprising that with the competition he thinks about moving home. Theo won't get many starts so may also feel a move is good and he will attract a lot of money being English so can understand if he did go. That does not in anyway equate to wanting either of them to leave. On the contrary I hope they all stay and that we do all we can to keep them and also strengthen further

Nicosia Gooner
02-15-2015, 10:04 PM

the splendor of antigone
02-15-2015, 10:07 PM
few redeeming qualities. If he couldn't finish, then he wouldn't be a PL footballer. Zelalem's progress seems to have stalled over the last 24 months or so.

As for Wilshere and Ramsey invariably causing a selection dilemma, it's all a bit too hypothetical as at least one of them is always out injured (along with a few others).

I'm sorry for coming across as a ****, but I think you're seriously worrying about things that aren't very likely. :-)

Mo Britain less Europe
02-15-2015, 10:16 PM

devongunner
02-15-2015, 10:18 PM
How does it translate to thinking they should go or that AFC shouldn't do all they can to keep them? As for Walcott, God knows Michael Owen is irritating but I read an article today about how badly he is thought of as a commentator. The article said , yes his voice is annoying but if you listen he has some interesting opinions. When Walcott was through and didn't score today Owen said " that is what I think is the weak part of Walcott's game, his finishing. He needs to practise more. Maybe he has a point as his first touch often lets him down. Maybe not. Walcott is 26. Is he where you expected him to be when we signed him 8 years ago? Still I hope we keep him but I doubt he will get much game time particularly with Ox kicking on this season as you say. But if you were Ox and behind TW and possibly Welbeck in the pecking order wouldn't you be tempted to look elsewhere. I want all of them to succeed. But that's probably not the reality.

the splendor of antigone
02-15-2015, 10:43 PM
Quote:

How does it translate to thinking they should go or that AFC shouldn't do all they can to keep them?

I didn't imply that it translates to that. I said: "Do you honestly think we'd be looking to get rid of Ox and Cazorla...?".

I'd be very surprised if the club even entertained that thought. That's all :shrug: Evidently you don't agree and think the players will force a move. I find that unlikely.

devongunner
02-15-2015, 10:46 PM

the splendor of antigone
02-15-2015, 10:49 PM

devongunner
02-15-2015, 10:52 PM
to see them leave. Really you have been posting 300 messages per month since you came on here. We have discussed this before. maybe you should take a break. your degree is over, get a job and concentrate on that.

the splendor of antigone
02-15-2015, 10:55 PM

eastgermanautos
02-16-2015, 12:26 AM

eastgermanautos
02-16-2015, 12:28 AM