PDA

View Full Version : Why would the mancs

Grinner
02-09-2015, 07:17 PM
sell us a stiker who puts in 100% effort running all over the pitch, harrying defenders, taking on FBs with blistering pace aqnd generally doing his bit to help the team score goals? It's odd when you look at their two main strikers who look like they are running in treacle and don't interplay well at all. If they'd kept Welbeck and played him with either c**ty or Falcao they'd have far more goals and we'd have been left up **** creek without a striker for months until OG returned.

One of their stupidest decisions ever. LVG is a blagger of a manager who doesn't seem to know what he's doing.

the splendor of antigone
02-09-2015, 07:33 PM

Billy Goat Sverige
02-09-2015, 07:49 PM
bring on Fellaini and go long ball to get something out of the game :hehe:

I read they've played the second most amount of long balls in the league, with only Burnley having more.

Grinner
02-09-2015, 08:04 PM
They aren't really a long-ball team and the media are going a bit silly with that label. They just don't seem to be able to supply their strikers with quality balls or have attacking midfielders able to cause lots of problems. The likes of Jones not being good with the ball and hoofing it doesn't help either.

Welbeck creates lots of space for our attacking MFs to exploit and he forces oppo defenders to give us the ball back and let us mount new attacks. He's never going to be a 20 goals a season striker but he slots right into this squad and puts in a valuable shift every time.

I'd say at 16 millions he was well worth the money. I do wonder what Falcao would have done with what our MF would supply to him though even if he was always too expensive and never a realistic acquisition.

bostonbrian
02-09-2015, 08:55 PM

CrossGun
02-10-2015, 07:58 AM

redgunamo
02-10-2015, 08:53 AM