PDA

View Full Version : Finally seen a replay of the first goal and i have to partly blame ospina

Peter
02-08-2015, 11:06 AM
He parries when he should tip. For es the ball back into play when it should just go over the bar.

So thst is three poor parries in the game. He got away with two of them.

barrybueno
02-08-2015, 11:11 AM

Twat Cuddles
02-08-2015, 11:15 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIb1BK271XI

Twat Cuddles
02-08-2015, 11:17 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSBAG0_MzFU

Peter
02-08-2015, 11:18 AM
He will do it constantly. He patted down a cross as well- f**k me, that is what happens in sunday league when you have to put the right back in goal because your keeper hasnt turned up!

He doesnt roll when he dives so he lands squarely on the shoulders- injuries. His kicking and balance are poor which he means he isnt very quick to react.

There isnt really a part of his game that i like. I suppose his reflex is ok and he can catch a high cross if he gets there. His punching is dreadful though.

Peter
02-08-2015, 11:21 AM

Twat Cuddles
02-08-2015, 11:24 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mY0_hcXRe0k

Peter
02-08-2015, 11:29 AM
Are you really going to argue this point with a series of you tube clips?

If so, can you compile one that shows consistent errors in the same department? After all, every keeper makes mistakes but if you are telling me he has genuine flaws in his game then i need to see the evidence over the, what is it, four years he has been our number one.

Must be plenty out there if he is as bad as you say.

Bergkamp's Brain
02-08-2015, 11:30 AM
Wonder if he will get the chop for Tuesday night?

Ben.
02-08-2015, 11:31 AM
but the problem with him is he doesn't seem to care.
He is constantly f*cking about, Neuer takes risks but they are usually calculated, necessary risks (after a Dante or Boateng mistake) where as Szczesny just appears bored or trying to show off.
I don't know how you get that out of him, he's been dropped before so I doubt that will have any real impact on him or his attitute, it's a shame because he does still have huge potential.

Peter
02-08-2015, 11:37 AM
Have it and the good ones are just complete and utter c**ts :-)

He is still young and some of that is working its way out of his game. My main point is that ospina is definitely not the answer here. I am not even convinced he is good enough to be our number 2. I am sure you could find a more reliable back up for less money. This guy's game is riddled with flaws and that means mistakes, particularly when you are not playing every week.

Peter
02-08-2015, 11:39 AM
Leave chesney in. It sort of dodges the issue a bit and makes it seem like a natural flow, based on form.

I think he should drop him now but that is just me.

Twat Cuddles
02-08-2015, 11:41 AM
and smartly for counter attacks. Something Lehmann and even Fabianski showed quality for. He has no command of his box for set pieces. Ospina in his limited games has already shown a level of calmness that helps the rest of our defence in these situations. Chesney also runs out of his box like a Aldi version of Neuer and constantly puts us in situations that are not needed. The Southampton defeat was pretty much entirely down to him. Ospina had a few iffy moments in a constant barrage against a team that was dominating us so thoroughly and now Sczsesny, who's a f**king prick who shouldn't be our number 1 in a million years is now so much better. Get real.

Also are you kidding about the videos thing? Every keeper makes mistakes, yes, but I'm sure if someone made a montage of all Szczesney's, we'd be watching a feature length film's worth of monumental f**k ups.

Peter
02-08-2015, 11:49 AM
I will admit that his kicking can be a bit odd at times, a little casual. On his command of the box you have lost me i am afraid. I just dont see the problem.

As far as being a 'f**king prick' is concerned i am not overly worried by this :-)

I genuinely cant recall all these monumental f**k ups over the last four years. I am amazed i have managed to miss them. Also hugely surprised that there has never been any public pressure to drop him amidst these constant howlers.

Lets be honest... You and i are never going to agree are we.

Ben.
02-08-2015, 11:50 AM
but they also have to know their limitations and pick the sensible option.
Neuer is a complete one off, I think it may have been Dietmar Hamann who said he could play outfield for a Bundesliga 2 team.
Szczesny has to know when to take a touch and when to just get rid of the f*cking thing and he still doesn't, he may be youngish in goalkeeping terms but he is not a kid anymore.
He had potential 3-4 years ago and he still has potential, he hasn't really progressed in that time.

Peter
02-08-2015, 11:53 AM
There.

I am simply concerned with whether ospina is good enough to replace him, and i believe he isnt.

I am happy with chesney and rate him if wenger wants to spend money on bringing in a top keeper you wont hear me complain. I would take de gea tomorrow.

Bergkamp's Brain
02-08-2015, 11:54 AM
those rash decision making moments.

Peter
02-08-2015, 11:55 AM
In the bracket below that.

Good enough and getting better.

Twat Cuddles
02-08-2015, 12:00 PM
Also same can be said if you've been missing how much panic there is every time we face a corner or free kick these days. That's kinda settled down funnily enough since Ospina has come in.

Bergkamp's Brain
02-08-2015, 12:07 PM
Same with Ospina who is still only 26

Peter
02-08-2015, 12:17 PM

Peter
02-08-2015, 12:33 PM
You cant change ospina's technique, you have to cope with it and adjust it slightly where you can. It will always be there.

For example, it is worse than fabianski's. He corrected his handling problems and improved hugely. I dont think that is going to work with ospina.

Bergkamp's Brain
02-08-2015, 02:42 PM
You'd be amazed at what the human brain and body is capable of. It might take longer to adjust as you get older but adjustment and improvement is possible.

gco40203
02-08-2015, 02:44 PM
the only thinng to blame is a defensive system which means their top scorer is unmarked at back of box. Criminal defending. Zonal marking is a disaster against clever mobile forwards.

Hendon Gooner (Only Easy Day Was Yesterday))
02-08-2015, 03:31 PM
He wasn't mobile - just that nobody in our defence knew what to do and Ramsey looked as though he was bird watching instead of playing football.

Worse than schoolboy level defending.

:banghead: