PDA

View Full Version : Soooo the 50/1 to win the league and the 8/1 to finish 2nd

The Tony
02-02-2015, 03:39 PM
Any thoughts on those prices?

50s more than a fair price imo....seems to me this season is basically the reverse of last season when we started off so well and looked in a good position to win the league but injuries and other issues hurt us.

This season this has taken place at the start of the season and it would appear were in a good place to make a good run up the league table.

If we keep winning then do something like beat Chelsea then 50s would have represented an incredible price imo.....

Same with 2nd place....I just wonder how much fight City will show if it looks like they got no chance of winning the league..thought they were absolutely dire vs Boro....can't believe they got outplayed like that and if your go to move is to bring Lampard on to nick a goal for you then you have major issues imo.

Not impressed by them signing Bony....this guy could've gone to so many other clubs but got turned down so not sure he's a guy to be relied upon to score crucial goals at the end of the season.

Pokster
02-02-2015, 03:42 PM
a few weeks ago we were dire against Southampton and got battered for an hour by Stoke, now suddenly we are a good bet for the title :rolleyes:

I'd take 4th now tbh

Ghost of Highbury
02-02-2015, 03:43 PM
great odds at 8/1

first place price reflects near certainty that it ain't gonna happen..

Sir Charlie of Nicholas
02-02-2015, 03:44 PM
Several people have mentioned that we seem to have run into a good vein of form, we have built a strong squad, and there is potentially good reason to be optimistic for the rest of the season.

That seems to me a perfectly reasonable position.

Pokster
02-02-2015, 03:46 PM
you were one of them

Sir Charlie of Nicholas
02-02-2015, 03:47 PM
Cheer up, for f**k's sake.

Pokster
02-02-2015, 03:48 PM

The Tony
02-02-2015, 03:49 PM
50s could easily become 16/1 after two weekends of football.....given the right results.

Sir Charlie of Nicholas
02-02-2015, 03:52 PM
I said that we're looking good, I said we have a run of winnable-looking fixtures ahead, I said wistfully that back in '98 we won 13 in a row and beat United to the title, when everyone assumed it was theirs.

I didn't say, or even suggest, that we would win the title. You, hoever, chose to poo-poo all those people saying we will win the title, despite the fact that there aren't any, just to be a miserablist.

Witharby 2-3 weeks
02-02-2015, 03:55 PM
:-)