PDA

View Full Version : wenger on podolski

Wembleygooner- raised in hornsey
01-03-2015, 06:53 AM
22 Oct '14: Wenger on Podolski: "He will be important in the coming months"

He played 172 mins after that. Not even two full games.

Nicosia Gooner
01-03-2015, 08:20 AM
Do you realise how obsessed you have been with Wenger in recent weeks? About 98% of your posts are on Wenger, negative ones of course.

Every manager would have said the same about all their players, useless, average and good, its part of the job. But your obsession with Wenger makes you look for negative stuff, even if it takes you back to October and totally irrelevant.

arse-nick (avid-analogue-addict)
01-03-2015, 09:40 AM
Campbell, Akpom and Podolski, who would you have rather let go?
Personally I would have been happy letting all the above go, bar Podolski. Maybe a little reservation over Welbeck.
It's been a very frustrating time of late.

ArseMart - Enjoy every sandwich
01-03-2015, 09:49 AM

01-03-2015, 10:10 AM
reliable goalie and a top defensive midfielder?
Wenger has already stated that he 'wasn't in the mood for transfers'.

ArseMart - Enjoy every sandwich
01-03-2015, 10:24 AM
Joking aside we'll sign someone. When the virtual trophy is in doubt we bring players in during January.

And it's very much in doubt this season.

01-03-2015, 10:58 AM
I merely post facts - things that are said and done by Wenger - just because most of it isnt pretty doesn't make me obsessed - who is is responsible? Not you - not me. There are average managers who occassionally get it right against the top clubs -we don't. Ever. A Club that charges the most in world football and top 10 resources has been degraded into a scrambled 4th place playoff for Europe and a feeder club. Wenger cant take us anywhere anymore. Please let me know if anything I post is incorrect or factually inaccurate. I have been more annoyed of late since united, although you will find over the past 10years I have been critical of wengers performance so at the moment I am more consistent than he is - which was my original point. To finish this board should be a place where we can express our opinion and create a debate - its pretty boring when everyone agrees - so lets keep it alive and interesting.
File mou :thumbup:
And one more thing a lot of ostriches on here find it easier to slag off the away support rather than Wenger. That's not right.

Nicosia Gooner
01-03-2015, 11:08 AM
He has been tried at the centre forward position on a few occasions and never once worked; I like the guy very much but I don't believe he is a first 11 player.

I do agree that there were times when he should have been brought on but we don't really know the tactical reasons.

As for Campbell, I also believe he'll be going

You would have Pods ahead of Welbeck? Absolutely ridiculous, this is a team game and Welbeck is way ahead in that area.

Nicosia Gooner
01-03-2015, 11:12 AM
believe justify your view but ignore countless others that you make your view not so good.

Of course I agree this is about opinions, even the ones I disagree with, but please be consistent and total, not selective.

We really must meet up before a game, a drink or meal. Have you ever been to The Vrisaki? Excellent!

01-03-2015, 11:19 AM
Definatly before the season is out - I'm taking the family on Sunday - I usually have souvlaki before the game at Neo's on Hornsey road and a drink at the Masons arms in crouch end beforehand - as for Vrisaki I know it very well as it was my mum that called it that as my Father started it as a take away and sold it on in '81/82 - and it is excellent - we will catch up soon - and ill try to be more reasonable - but its up to the Frenchman :hehe:

Ashberto
01-03-2015, 11:30 AM
We won't be buying a keeper so spare yourself the hope on that one.

01-03-2015, 11:31 AM
his goals to minutes ratio.
Arsenal's whole approach to the game needs to move on, we just seem to be stagnating.

01-03-2015, 11:40 AM
and immediately reached for his bottle, that rang alarm bells for me.

SOLMAN(read by millions)
01-03-2015, 02:26 PM

Nicosia Gooner
01-03-2015, 04:22 PM