PDA

View Full Version : Why are people like Robbie Savage calling Santi's penalty disrespctful? The object is to score, not

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
12-14-2014, 11:29 AM
to give the goalie a chance.

When Ronaldo did that sort of thing for ManU, people said it showed his composure or his genius or whatever.

When you take a pen, there are 3 places to stick it. Either corner or straight down the middle.

How come one option is considered disrespectful? Why is it not disrespectful for the goalie to try to guess which way it's going to be hit, as opposed to waiting for the penalty taker to kick it?

The goalie doesn't have to dive. Didn't Linker get caught out doing that for England when he had a chance to equal Bobby Charlton's 49 goals? No-one said it was disrespectful of Lineker to have tried it.

If it means that the next time Santi takes a pen, the goalie waits a fraction longer in case he does it again, then Santi will have gained an advantage by having had the composure to do that yesterday.

Sorry - I just can't for the life of me see how the concept of respect is relevant to this in the slightest.

Fred Killah
12-14-2014, 12:11 PM

CrossGun
12-14-2014, 12:30 PM
Suggesting he only done it cos it was 3-1 and the last minute, he seemed to be implying that Cazorla wouldn't have had the bottle to do it had the circumstances been different and the match closer.

He must have missed the winning penalty Santi scored in the cup semi final shootout v Wigan. :****er:

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
12-14-2014, 12:36 PM

CrossGun
12-14-2014, 12:39 PM

Mo Britain less Europe
12-14-2014, 02:17 PM
I wouldn't like to see him trying that at 0-0 in injury time.

Peter
12-14-2014, 03:07 PM
So absurd that i cant even begin to imagine ehy anyone would air such a fundamentally ludicrous opinion.

I certainly wont spend any time listneing to it and neither should you.

Alexism - Atheoist
12-14-2014, 06:57 PM
stopped too...just kick it ahead of you and footrace.