PDA

View Full Version : Rub chin How can Wenger have the gall to blame our 'soft' or 'tender' defending?

One Wilf Copping
12-08-2014, 11:11 AM
This from a manager that hid himself away in the dugout for 90 minutes because “[the Stoke fans] love me so much here, I didn’t want to give them an opportunity to show me their love”.

Plenty of managers would have made a point of standing on the touchline for 90 minutes and barking instructions at their players.

Wenger's gesture at Old Trafford a few years back when he was sent-off and standing arms-stretched at least showed a little spee-rit and defiance.

Wenger used to say that it would be time for him to go when he lost that animal desire to win and beat the opposition. Unfortunately that is part of what the team is lacking and it also seems to be fading in him.

While I think it probably is time for Wenger to go, more than anything I just feel sad for him when I see his current team and how he looks in the dugout or in interviews.

Wenger looks tired, old and unwell. He should think about what he wants to do with the rest of his life and enjoy life with his family and how he wants to use the many millions he's earned...

Rich
12-08-2014, 11:15 AM
A good manager isn't one that shouts a lot. It seems he shouted at them at half time. I'd suggest that the dressing room is a far better place to do the shouting than from the touchline.

Pokster
12-08-2014, 11:16 AM
but of course, that is only my opinion

Classic Jorge
12-08-2014, 11:17 AM
They did last season, miraculously, and they've really not this season, spectacularly.

The Tony
12-08-2014, 11:18 AM
Must've pained him being ex Stoke too.

One Wilf Copping
12-08-2014, 11:20 AM
I think he SHOULD have been out there instructing the team. With two teenagers in the back four he could have been reminding them when to push up, when to stay back etc.

And imagine how a defiant Wenger standing on the touchline, ignoring the abuse of the home crowd, might have inspired his team to face up to Stoke ON the pitch.

That's EXACTLY what a Klopp would have done – even Mourinho, though I hate to admit it.

One Wilf Copping
12-08-2014, 11:23 AM
Keown made when he coached our defence all the way to the Champions League final. He even turned Flamini into a top full-back for six months!

Rich
12-08-2014, 11:24 AM

One Wilf Copping
12-08-2014, 11:28 AM

Red N White Army
12-08-2014, 11:41 AM