PDA

View Full Version : Wenger isn't the problem

NZgunner
11-24-2014, 02:57 AM
the majority shareholders and board are the problem because they gave him a new contract and it will cost too much for them to sack him

while Stan Kroenke is in control, it will always be about the money and never about the football

we so obviously need a new manager*, but SK simply weighs up the pounds and pence - it would cost 20 million to fire him, so it's cheaper to keep him on and accept another season or two of (relative) failure

while I'm glad we haven't gone the sugar-daddy route, we've also been denied the ambition that comes with a vanity owner - the men and women who run Arsenal probably want trophies and success, but are far too comfortable with mediocrity (for a club of our stature) and stagnation to make the hard decision about Wenger

* I don't know who a new manager could/should be, but it is better to start climbing from the bottom of a ladder that might take you higher, than to hang around at the top of one that doesn't get you to where you want to go

Sulk
11-24-2014, 03:00 AM
The problem lies at Board level.

Clueless Wanger
11-24-2014, 03:15 AM
Wenger is the one who selects the team.
Wenger is the one who makes the subs.
Wenger is the one who went into a season with Arteta and Flamini as his choices for pivots.
I could go on a bit more, but please don't diminish Wengers role in this abortion of a season.

Sulk
11-24-2014, 03:23 AM
I'm not

I'm saying that if you want change... You need to get at the board.

Clueless Wanger
11-24-2014, 03:42 AM
I would be happy if the deluded AKBs on this board would admit that Wengers the problem.
The club is the laughing stock of the premiership. It is all Wengers doing.

Sulk
11-24-2014, 03:45 AM
the first one I would start with is that muppet Gazidis and then work up from there.

barrybueno's mum
11-24-2014, 07:56 AM

rojo
11-24-2014, 08:11 AM
Time for him to go

the season ticket holders that sit around him at the game were giving him a lot of verbal Saturday ,, that will only get worse over the next couple of weeks

he is a joke .