PDA

View Full Version : Actually, if you look underneath all the mugshot listings, the four pics below are quite odd.

Berni
11-11-2014, 02:11 PM
Obviously, you've got Chief's unsavoury moob-fondling antics on top (September 2001, in fact - and he's certainly after AndyG's Twin Towers imo), but the three shots below that chronicle the incredible shrinking Headgear rather nicely.

http://www.awimb.com/mugshots.htm

Luis Anaconda
11-11-2014, 02:13 PM
http://resources3.news.com.au/images/2013/04/09/1226615/288319-waif-model.jpg

barrybueno
11-11-2014, 02:15 PM
http://www.awimb.com/mugshots/strood.jpg

Berni
11-11-2014, 02:15 PM

Berni
11-11-2014, 02:21 PM
visitors at best. What is it about us that puts off women, bb... Oh. :-(

barrybueno
11-11-2014, 02:27 PM
*or shopping, tupperware, fluffy kittens or the like...

Berni
11-11-2014, 02:30 PM
You can spy on them and see what they get up to, bb.

barrybueno
11-11-2014, 02:48 PM
http://www.gingerbeer.co.uk/?p=lez_talk

Gaybourhood :hehe:

Berni
11-11-2014, 03:00 PM
(and I don't know how conscious of the double entendre she is here) she doesn't like men 'in her personal space' :hehe:

The Tony
11-11-2014, 03:06 PM

barrybueno
11-11-2014, 03:08 PM

Classic Jorge
11-11-2014, 03:09 PM
And, conversely, how many men would hang around with women.

Personally I prefer the company of women to the company of men, mind you I prefer my own company to both.

Berni
11-11-2014, 03:13 PM
I don't prefer the company of women to men or vice versa. It depends entirely on the men or women in question.

Classic Jorge
11-11-2014, 03:19 PM
It was just a general observation that women prefer to spend time with other women just like men seem to prefer the company of their own too.

I don't get it but it's true

Berni
11-11-2014, 03:22 PM
Imagine being out for an evening with women who talk about 'Man Flu' or cackle. :-(

Classic Jorge
11-11-2014, 03:27 PM
Mind you, I'd just as soon have a night out with blokes talking about the top gear presenters being "legends"

barrybueno
11-11-2014, 03:39 PM

Classic Jorge
11-11-2014, 03:44 PM
Once in each knee and once in the stomach, in c**tson's case

Berni
11-11-2014, 03:54 PM
vaguely right wing, non-PC, reactionary voices that are allowed to be heard on the BBC, don't you? Because they're too popular (and make too much money) to get rid of. The wonderful irony is that it is precisely the cosy, left-leaning bias of the beeb and its desire to make its performers conform to PC strictures that has created both its biggest moneyspinner and most convenient hate figure (now that Mrs T is dead, anyway).

Classic Jorge
11-11-2014, 04:07 PM
I've literally nothing to add here as I watch almost no BBC telly, save for your arty BBC4 documentaries.

Tell a lie, I watched University Challenge and Only Connect last night and Bake Off when it's on. Hardly red wedge though, is it?

Also, if the BBC were such a left wing biased organisation against the wishes of the public wouldn't ITV and C4 basically be like Top Gear on steroids? As it is we've got Anal Carr, Gok Wan and Keith Lemon on there.

Not exactly Jezza, Jazza and Hazza is it?

Berni
11-11-2014, 04:23 PM
Andrew Marr:

Quote:

"The BBC is not impartial or neutral. It's a publicly funded, urban organisation with an abnormally large number of young people, ethnic minorities and gay people. It has a liberal bias not so much a party-political bias. It is better expressed as a cultural liberal bias"

This bias inevitably leads to it having a bias towards what - for want of a better term - we'll call political correctness. Now, the rights or wrongs of that aside, it is not something that every - or even most - licence payers adhere to. Thus, Top Gear gets to play the rebel by not being PC and thus makes itself wildly popular with this constituency, while at the same time being reviled by the urban, soft-left culture that spawned it (the same urban, soft-left culture that permeates most of the broadcast media since, at some point or other, most of them have worked for or with the Beeb).

It's an irony, that's all.

Classic Jorge
11-11-2014, 04:33 PM
It's like a more erudite, only slightly more erudite though, version of Fox's 'Liberal Media Bias' diatribes by Bill O'Reilly.

You might has well have said something like "The BBC has poisoned the well of the media with it's dangerous, unpatriotic communist agenda".

The bias towards liberalism is largely informed by a desire to not offend, and therefore exclude, anyone. Well as long as you don't object to constant, grating, plastic flag waving, **** eating grin wearing patriotism that is.

I am, so they still exclude me.

Berni
11-11-2014, 04:52 PM
with all the lazy thinking that invariably means. So:

The Royal family are good, but all other posh people are bad.
The NHS is A GOOD THING - anyone who says otherwise must be ruthlessly stamped on. Ditto the Welfare State
Immigration is good. See above.
Israel is bad
Black people are good. Always. No exceptions. Even Levi Roots.
White, working class people are to be despised unless they're in Eastenders or it's Match of the Day
We're a bit wary of muslims, but for God's sake don't say anything bad about them
The Daily Mail is the embodiment of evil and can be used as lazy shorthand for any view we don't like.

Etc, etc.

It's not hard to see why, in this culture, Top Gear is seen as 'edgy'. Of course it's nothing of the sort, it's just rather witless buffoonery, but by being seen to be kicking against the prevailing culture it does enormously well.

You're on the lunatic fringe, j, which means you won't be happy until they're showing nothing but parades, heads on pikes, mass choreographed flag-waving and everyone's favourite soap opera - Death to the Rich. You can't expect to be catered for.

Classic Jorge
11-11-2014, 05:03 PM

Sir Charlie of Nicholas
11-11-2014, 07:26 PM

Berni
11-12-2014, 09:22 AM
This is true even when they're saying things of a degree of malice, spitefulness, bigotry or misogyny you would never tolerate in a straight white male. Especially then, in fact. Because that's allowed with the gays. In fact, we're a bit disappointed if they don't behave like that.