PDA

View Full Version : It has to be said, our defensive game is currently as bad as it has ever been

Peter
11-04-2014, 09:41 PM
From first minute to last tonight that was f**king shocking. The entire team consistently make terrible choices. There is no shape whatsoever and arteta is the only player who even attempts to stay in position.

Something is hopelessly wrong agsin. We got exactly what we deserved tonight and we have managed to f**k up simple qualification and give ourselves a potential problem.

I just cant believe how f**king thick thst team is. It is unvelievable.

Pat Vegas
11-04-2014, 09:42 PM
everyone with the horn for Bould.

Fred Killah
11-04-2014, 09:44 PM
We desperately need Debuchy and Kos back, but even then I won't be happy unless we bring someone in in Jan.

Ben.
11-04-2014, 09:44 PM
and started the season with Chambers as cover for right back as well as both centre back positions.

Dorset Gooner
11-04-2014, 09:45 PM
All on here would be saying how wonderful we were as we probably would have won by 4 or 5. I thought we looked shaky all night against a team that would struggle in the epl

Ciaran
11-04-2014, 09:46 PM
Did wenger not say our defensive stability had been restored after burnley game? :hehe:

Peter
11-04-2014, 09:47 PM
Responsibility at all for what happens when we lose the ball. Look at how many times they run onto a defender or play a pass behind half the team and across a bank of players. Virtually every time we give the ball away we are caught on the counter attack.

Its completely brainless and it is a coaching problem. You cant blsme snyone but the manager. Pub teams are more disciplined and better organised.

Fred Killah
11-04-2014, 09:53 PM
Just thought Chambers was one of the few at the back who didn't make any glaring mistakes :hehe:

But I am very concerned with Per's form, it's really gone downhill since he came back from his WC triumph.

His pace let him down several times today and unfortunately he didn't have Koscielny's intuition and speed to save him from a few daft moments.

No denying what you've said though, we had far too many suspect moments at the back from first minute to last. This should have been a comfortable victory but once again such a capitulation raises more eyebrows and questions, specifically about our potential to win any trophies this season :-(

redgunamo
11-04-2014, 09:59 PM
We need to select more players from the pub; sod all this Real Madrid and Barcelona nonsense :-)

Bergkamp's Brain
11-04-2014, 10:00 PM