PDA

View Full Version : WE have elctions here on Tuesday. Getting to be silly season at this point

Chief Arrowhead
10-31-2014, 02:46 PM
this doesn't seem to be a good idea. This Senator says the reason that her constituents don't like Obama is because they are racist. She stands for re-election on Tuesday. The reason she is losing in the pools? They're sexist too! :hehe:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/31/politics/landrieu-race-south/

Jake
10-31-2014, 02:49 PM

Brentwood
10-31-2014, 02:52 PM
Not to say that everyone who dislikes him is, but you hear so many who sound like Donald Trump, accusing him of being a muslim kenyan with no papers

Chief Arrowhead
10-31-2014, 03:07 PM
she obviously feels the way you do, but is that any way to win an election?

Pat Vegas
10-31-2014, 03:20 PM
I have a Obama fridge magnet and mug though.

Chief Arrowhead
10-31-2014, 03:30 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfjV7u012ls

Gunner Since Time Began - born to moan
10-31-2014, 03:53 PM

Supermac1976
10-31-2014, 04:01 PM

Pat Vegas
10-31-2014, 04:07 PM

Berni
10-31-2014, 04:26 PM
away from segregation and people attacking black people for trying to get served in a restaurant or sit at the front of a bus. Those attitudes don't just disappear overnight - they echo down generations (and you should never forget just how big an historical fault line race is in US history). Given which, it would be amazing if people like Chief (whose parents would have grown up in a segregated society, I imagine) weren't racist tbh. It's hard for us to really grasp quite what a headf**k a black president must be for these people.

Gunner Since Time Began - born to moan
10-31-2014, 04:37 PM

redgunamo
10-31-2014, 04:48 PM
I'm sure the thought that his granddaughter is swallowing everything I serve up provides some comfort though.

redgunamo
10-31-2014, 04:58 PM
than we are though, and not really representative of the truth. That's why we like to think that Guantanamo Bay is basically Belsen Belsen-by-the-Sea.

After all, lots (most?) Americans hated Bush too; were they being racist then?

Chief Arrowhead
10-31-2014, 05:44 PM
Based on anything besides your rather warped and misinformed view of 'Merika? Really disappointed to hear that that's what you think/

I don't remember any segregation as a youth. Now that's different from a homogeneous society. The baseball games I recall going to as a youth were not segregated, but the black fans did sit together, mostly down the right field line. Or in the upper deck. I don't recall discerning a favorite player from another based on race. I played basketball at a rec center every summer and it didn't seem to me that there was racism, other than I was a minority and there were certain stereotypes of what I couldn't do (jump) based on my race. For me growing up race was a fact, but not something to cause hate, but rather something to joke about.

Looking back as an adult I do understand that some racism was more institutionalised, like housing, etc. MY beighborhood had one black family and I do recall some adult neighbors didn't want anything to do with them. I and my friends, kids, thought this strange. But it was never something that I felt like I had a part in and as my generation (now 50+) has matured along with those younger, it is less and less of an issue institutionally as well.

But that is bad news for those who make their living and reputation by perpetuating the view that America is racist. Jackson, Sharpton, Democrats, etc., benefit if racism is perpetuated. We're living this in real time here in St. Louis and I would say that uniformly, black and white, people are disgusted with the race industry folk coming to town and essentially preventing common ground. NOt to sat that there aren't problems, but there are now things in place to sort out conflict.

MAay voted for Obama solely because of a desperate hope that finally the world would now see us as we are, not as we were 50 years ago. But even with a black President people like yourself still look at us as a fundamentally racist country, as I predicted. My severe objection to Obama is based on his policies (government is great, taxes must rise) and his world view ( America are oppressors. most of what's wrong in the world is due to US policies). I also don't think that someone should be President if he vehemently disagrees with the Constituion that the country was founded on. It has been beneficial for Democrats and the media to prtray those with my view as racist. That's something that you probably won't understand.

You will never change your mind because it would offset your personna of superiority to Americans. That sustains you.

redgunamo
10-31-2014, 06:14 PM
Him, not you.

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
10-31-2014, 06:18 PM
is. Edward Norton :bow:

Chief Arrowhead
10-31-2014, 06:44 PM
don't lift a finger to assist, but tell them they must vote democrat.

Are there any white people in Detroit? Is thare a Tea Party there?

Luckily, the veil is being lifted. This is in Pbama's own neighborhood ... well, where he landed from Hawaii because it was an automatic he would win the state election. His handlers put him there.

Makes you want to do all you can to see them rise up, but first they need to wise up and quit pinning their hopes on a political party that are their real oppressors. Neo-liberals, getting rich through graft and corruption from the public till.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdTihf2_GGM

Chief Arrowhead
10-31-2014, 06:44 PM
Add it to the list!

redgunamo
10-31-2014, 06:51 PM

Alexism - Atheoist
10-31-2014, 11:05 PM
and hate and feel outraged by.

glwtp b. :thumbup: :wave:

Chief Arrowhead
11-01-2014, 04:10 AM
You must be a helluva guy to live with. Everything is all about you.

Alexism - Atheoist
11-01-2014, 12:57 PM