PDA

View Full Version : Are we at a plateau now with AW

R.C. Celebrating the return of Trophies
10-19-2014, 12:34 PM
4th/best of the rest?

If so is that good enough?

barrybueno
10-19-2014, 12:43 PM
bought and the fact Utd have had and will always have the most cash it's about right.

Classic Jorge
10-19-2014, 12:43 PM
Though I don't think the feeling of negativity around the place will help us achieve that. I mean, it's fair to say we've been a touch unlucky so far this season, having lost three or four first team regulars to serious injuries.

Peter
10-19-2014, 01:22 PM
That isnt bad luck. Its a f**king curse.

pjlincs
10-19-2014, 02:11 PM

Bergkamp's Brain
10-19-2014, 02:16 PM
I'd speculate that all the other injuries are/were avoidable.

Classic Jorge
10-19-2014, 03:25 PM
I mean, yes, they're avoidable if you don't run about and/or generally play football

Classic Jorge
10-19-2014, 03:27 PM
Arsene needs to go around the Emirates pitch and piss in each corner. Worked for Barry Fry

Bergkamp's Brain
10-19-2014, 04:02 PM
Perhaps I'm too focused on Arsenal but the injury situation is more than just a coincidence.

Peter
10-19-2014, 04:13 PM
Considerably more than every other side, consistenltly over the past five years.

Bergkamp's Brain
10-19-2014, 04:16 PM
What is the cause and what is the solution. Neither of us can answer that. Wenger or the medical staff do not seem to be able to answer that. That is what concerns me.

Peter
10-19-2014, 04:22 PM
They are doing the worst job in the premiership and it isnt acceptable.

Yesterday really brought home the other issues though. Terrible defending and the complete absence of anything approaching a tactical plan. Same old ****, keep trying the flicks and tricks through the centre of the box.

At least campbell tried something when he came on and showed a rudimentary understanding of how to create space. For the rest it was the usual aimless passing and movement , never managing to move defenders out of position.

Hull scored from their only two moments of even semi danger. Thank f**k they didnt have any more.

Bergkamp's Brain
10-19-2014, 04:40 PM
We have not started this season yet. It isn't too late but November is round the corner and if we struggle in November, what will that mean?

Peter
10-19-2014, 04:48 PM
Nothing is going to change. Injuries, dubious defending, armies of small creative players and 4th place. If you want something different you have to get rid of wenger.

That will happen when people in charge believe that somebody else could do better than 4th with the same resources. The more our financial position improves, the closer that day gets.

Little point in discussing possible changes because we know they wont happen. Arsene doesnt change his mind on the big stuff.

Bergkamp's Brain
10-19-2014, 05:16 PM
If, that is, we want things to change......

I'm guessing that we will only have a better idea of the problems we have if we choose to change the manager. We have changed the coaching staff, changed the medical team, changed the players and yet we still have the same problems. So it is the board or the manager. The manager is the one that, at one point, was the future of management. The man who went through the season unbeaten. Has he really gone from invincible and 2 doubles to this? Has the game changed so much that it has left him behind? Has the influence of rich owners made Wenger's approach to Football obsolete? If we were to change managers, will we actually struggle? I wonder whether the board fear this more than any other option :shrug:

Peter
10-19-2014, 05:41 PM
Well, maybe the injuries but perhaps he honestly feels that some of that is bad luck.

He has never been the most tactical of managers and has never produced a seriously good defence. He doesnt ten to make too much effort to change this stuff even when it appears not to be working at all.

He isnt going to change so if we want change we change him. I am not saying we should. I suppose i am saying that this stuff is just a part of who he is as a manager and we have to live with it. The rest of it is pretty wonderful when it comes off

Bergkamp's Brain
10-19-2014, 05:52 PM
Yes our defence was never the strongest part of the team, but we had Henry, Pires, Bergkamp, Freddie and Vieira. We were the most dangerous team when defending a corner. We were brilliant in possession. Who needed to worry about the defence? We don't have anything like that attacking talent today.

I guess if Wenger won't change then we are stuck with it until his successor come in.

redgunamo
10-19-2014, 06:40 PM

Bergkamp's Brain
10-19-2014, 06:42 PM

redgunamo
10-19-2014, 08:36 PM
Wenger's doing very well; we've all just become very fussy indeed.

R.C. Celebrating the return of Trophies
10-20-2014, 09:55 AM