PDA

View Full Version : Ok I am getting seriously pissed off with the ****s on here.

Witharby 2-3 weeks
10-06-2014, 07:58 AM
This is not a rant about all the previous games against top 4 teams or managers or players it is a rant about those who watched the game and are too f**king thick to assess it.

1/ Arsenal had 1 shot on target. How many did Chelsea have? 2? 3? and one of them a penalty another the second goal when we were pushing to equalize. The one and only time Costa appeared. When we defended deep he was as ineffectual as Welbeck due to Chelsea defending deep.

2/ Anybody remember a Chelsea player through with only Szczesny to beat? Anybody remember Alexis and Wilshere miscontrolling with just the Chelsea keeper to beat?

3/ They got a penalty we did not. Both blatant but they got the decision. Outside of the pass to Costa probably Fabregas' most memorable moment of the day.

4/ Why Cahill was on the pitch after trying to break Alexis leg is a mystery. Before anybody then points out Koscielny and Welbeck that was way after Cahill and the game would have been totally different.

Let's get this straight, Chelsea are probably a better side than Arsenal and may well win the league but yesterday they won by a sight margin. It was not a roasting and with the ref doing his job it could, and probably would, have been the other way round.

A defeat does not mean a disaster of a performance and yesterday was not.

Pokster
10-06-2014, 08:00 AM
* Didn't see the game so have no idea what you are on about

Sir Charlie of Nicholas
10-06-2014, 08:02 AM
The chaps of who you speak aren't moaning because we lost, or because we lost badly, but because moaning is what they do.

Anyway, they won't see your post because they're off driving their cabs now.

Witharby 2-3 weeks
10-06-2014, 08:20 AM
Zanzibar and Tanzania look likely in 2 weeks :-)

Witharby 2-3 weeks
10-06-2014, 08:21 AM
:-)

Pat Vegas
10-06-2014, 08:21 AM
We played a piss poor Spurs team recently at home and struggled to draw.

Sir Charlie of Nicholas
10-06-2014, 08:23 AM
Holiday or work?

If holiday I have some tips...

Witharby 2-3 weeks
10-06-2014, 08:25 AM
A week or so on the beach at Zanzibar then a Safari

Any tips most welcome

Rich
10-06-2014, 08:25 AM

Pat Vegas
10-06-2014, 08:28 AM
And Costa was deemed not good enough to be useful in the Premier league when the speculation was that we are interested in him.

Witharby 2-3 weeks
10-06-2014, 08:30 AM
and if they did not want him then Madrid were next in line.

Pokster
10-06-2014, 08:32 AM

Brentwood
10-06-2014, 08:32 AM
I think some people get a kick out of us losing as it is a stick to beat Wenger with, who they don't like

Witharby 2-3 weeks
10-06-2014, 08:33 AM
So Cahill should have stayed on? Fabregas did not block Wilshere's ''on target'' shot with his arms and we did not have 2 one on ones which were fumbled?

For a large % of the second half Chelsea were penned into their last third. Not deliberately but because they could not get out.

They got the breaks, nothing else

In Arsene we rust
No seriously, how many poor results against top teams do we have to suffer? He doesn't seem to know how to get the best out of the current squad, I really can't believe Ozil is as bad as the form he is currently showing. As for tactics we play one way, it tends to work against the poorer teams but not against the better teams. We haven't progressed from last season at all, who really thinks that Wenger is good enough any more to bring us Premiership or Champions League success? :shrug:

Pokster
huzzah

Brentwood
10-06-2014, 08:35 AM
between CFC, City and Man Utd. We didnt have anywhere near their spending power back then

The Costa transfer is different. He is clearly older than 25, probably nearer 30-32. That means he'll decline and be worth very little soon. Also, he shares the same agent as Mourinho, so there's no way we could have bought him

Rich
10-06-2014, 08:36 AM

Sir Charlie of Nicholas
10-06-2014, 08:37 AM
If you haven't booked yet, I would heartily recommend using www.tanzaniaodyssey.com (http://www.tanzaniaodyssey.com) . We've used them lots of times now and they really know their ****. There is so much choice of game reserve and safari camp, it's really important to talk to someone and let him know what you want. We prefer small isolated camps, even at the expense of density of game, for example. But best chat with them.

I love the Selous, a really quiet reserve, huge but with very few camps. Of these, the Selous Safari Company runs the best ones.

I haven't been to Zanziber for a few years and I've read that they've built a number of good quality beach hotels now - it used to be a bit hit and miss. Ras Nungwi used to be nice, but I'm sure there are better places now. It's worth spending a day or so in Stone Town, it's a fascinating place and quite edgy. You should definitely go for sundowners on the terrace of the Africa House hotel, and eat at the night market on Forodhani Gardens, although you'll almost definitely get the ****s.

Learn a few Swahili phrases and you'll have a great time with the locals. It's my favourite African country, mainly due to the loveliness of the people. (Except in Zanzibar, where pretty much everyone is a card-carrying Al-Qaeda member, and they make no secret of the fact that they f**king hate you and would love to chop your big f**king white man's heid off with a fruit knife.)

Pat Vegas
10-06-2014, 08:37 AM

Witharby 2-3 weeks
10-06-2014, 08:38 AM

Witharby 2-3 weeks
10-06-2014, 08:40 AM
so you must be going nuts. Well, nuttier

Pokster
10-06-2014, 08:41 AM

7evens
Ozil still played like a fairy on a rock cake, as his his wont in the big games.
This isn't all down to playing out of position either.
I though Phil Neville summed the game up very well this morning.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29497521

From my own point of view, I'd have felt more at ease had they completely played us off the park in a way that Barca or Munich sides have done in the past.
Frustrating that we play so well for sustained periods and then get undone by a couple of lapses in concentration.

Pat Vegas

In Arsene we rust
10-06-2014, 08:42 AM
Let's stop making excuses for the fact that Wenger has never beaten a Mourinho side or ever looks like he will. In this seasons big games we have to turn up and be counted, so far we've lost to Dortmund and Chelsea, drawn against a mediocre Spurs team and drew at home to Man City. Add in also we got out of jail against everton, drew with Leicester and scraped a win against Palace.
We have a better team than that, I just don't think Wenger knows how to get the best out of them.

Pat Vegas
10-06-2014, 08:42 AM
I give you best price my friend.

Steve Williams - gay for Mark Knopfler
10-06-2014, 08:47 AM
Ref made some very bad calls relating to reds on both sides but as you say had Cahill gone the whole dynamic changes and the second Koscielny incident never happens.

I thought we did well but that they were better in all areas of the pitch save for the keepers. This however doesn't or didn't come as any shock to me as I think they are an excellent football team.

Mr Wenger got his subs all wrong I thought but there you go.

Pokster
10-06-2014, 08:53 AM

Witharby 2-3 weeks
10-06-2014, 08:53 AM
Ozil was worse than poor and should have been off early second half. Oxlaide Chamberain would have given them a lot more to think about and covered a lot more ground.
I actually thought Wilshere played well. He bypassed their midfield numerous times.

The Level Headed Dossa (The Wilderness Years)
10-06-2014, 08:55 AM
Costa might have ineffectual for 90% of the game ....but when required scored with his only chance? However Welbeck....was completely and I mean completely ineffectual ,he did not manufacture ANYTHING except a 2footed tackle where he should have been sent off.
Chelsea never set up to play an adventurous way why should they,Pork pie has a tactical brain and knows how to get the better of Wenger.Because as YOU know so well W has no other way of addressing a football match with any tactical nous or flexibility.We have seen it time and time again.

Witharby 2-3 weeks
10-06-2014, 08:55 AM

Sir Charlie of Nicholas
10-06-2014, 08:56 AM
That's what it feels like, anyway.

Practise saying, 'No' a lot.

Mack
10-06-2014, 08:56 AM
Not that we will though..

10-06-2014, 09:00 AM
Medical or whatever related to those withdrawn but he was generally a waste of space as the game went on.

One is not an expert on body language, as such, but those moments where he skillfully dribbled the ball out of play and/or lost possession which resulted in the cameras focusing on him, one simply knew he did not want to be there.

Anyway it was the result I expected so no disruption to my day.

7evens
10-06-2014, 09:07 AM
He'd be an impact sub for me in games like this.

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
10-06-2014, 09:09 AM
imo.

7evens
10-06-2014, 09:10 AM
Take a dioralyte a day and keep your mineral and fluid intake up. :-)
Some excellent marine life out there, if that's your bag.

10-06-2014, 09:17 AM
There was the 2 tackles which in isolation both deserved red but other than that it was fine, a normal Premiership match which involves physical contact.

The Tony
10-06-2014, 09:25 AM
Disaster? No not really but we should t be making excuses for the team.

We are getting closer to competing with the top clubs but not close enough...we're missing something...maybe it's an all round professionalism.

That killer instinct that the likes of Vieira, Gilberto, Pires, Freddy and Henry brought us.

Maybe that.

But it just seems that season after season this sort of thing always seems to be a problem for us.

psychologically the FA cup should've helped but let's face it...we got taken to penalties vs wigan and just scrambled over the line vs hull after being 2 down.

Witharby 2-3 weeks
10-06-2014, 09:27 AM

Witharby 2-3 weeks
10-06-2014, 09:30 AM

Bergkamp's Brain
10-06-2014, 09:35 AM
The only thing I would add is that the way we went forward with the ball was a more than a bit predictable. We kept popping it into midfield and we were under pressure as soon as a midfielder received it. At no point did we try to change that approach. We never tried to turn their back four. We kept playing into their hands. That was the main disappointment, that and the 2 or 3 times we did get into decent positions, we made the wrong decisions.

We did defend pretty well overall and we should be please with that. What I won't buy is that we should be happy with the result and that we didn't get a spanking.

10-06-2014, 10:01 AM

Ashberto
10-06-2014, 10:43 AM
I have spares for Burnley and Anderlecht in case anywon in your vast network is interested.