PDA

View Full Version : Can I tantrum now? Notice how much better we looked with Sanchez and Ox wide with Santi and Ozzy

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
09-27-2014, 07:44 PM
central?

Just like Everton and Palace etc, when we made our subs so we ended up with our best players in our best positions, we looked the better side where we hadn't previously.

Obv. Rambo should have started instead of one of Ox/Santi/Alexis.

But why can't we just play the team that did well last year, but with Welbz for Olly and Alexis for Feo?

Billy Goat Sverige
09-27-2014, 07:54 PM
kept taking up central positions and only went on the left when we defended.

Seems like fitting Ramsey and Wilshere in is of more importance than the balance of the team. Given both are in **** form at the minute it makes it all the more bizarre.

Ben.
09-27-2014, 08:03 PM
He was exceptional last season and we don't have anyone who offers what he does (when he's playing well), although he seems to have gone backwards, even going back to those ridiculous backheels he used to do constantly.

What I don't understand is sacrificing our two best (and most expensive) players to accommodate someone who has had one decent game in two years (I appreciate he's been injured but still).

The only possible thing I can fathom is he is doing it just to prove everyone else wrong, it clearly doesn't work.

09-27-2014, 08:05 PM
Why not start with Alexis on the right and either Ox or Santi on the left?

Towards the end, we were getting some good stuff down our left with Alexis out there and Santi and Ozzy more central playing nice triangles between the three of them.

With the pace of Welbz and Ox, it's insane not to play Alexis, Ozzy and Santi - especially as the more they play together, the better the understanding will be.

How bad are the injuries btw?

09-27-2014, 08:21 PM
goals scored or made by Ozzy and/or Rambo, you see how many involved each other (assuming my memory's not playing tricks.)

So Ozzy at 10 with Rambo behind him (but ahead of Arteta) got the best out of both.

So why break it?

Surely we should just be playing that same formation now, but with Alexis on one of the flanks.

(And until Feo gets back, Santi or Ox on the other.)

Surely we should just be playing the team that led the league last season but with Alexis on one of the flanks.

(Other than the obvious changes at RB, and with Welbz for the injured Olly.)

We've spent 35 mil on a WC star but our starting line up is worse than last season.

If we've added Sanchez, how come our team is worse? If Jack was on the bench last season, with Santi starting (and we won lots of games) how come now, even though we've signed Alexis, Jack now starts with Santi on the bench?

Feo should be a guaranteed starter when fit.

Now while we don't know if we'll play both Feo and Alexis, esp. in hard away games, surely atm, with Feo out injured, Alexis should be starting in his place?

We looked so much better with Alexis, Ozzy and Santi making triangles at the end. Why didn't we start with that?

Dr Headgear - Wannabe viking
09-28-2014, 08:46 AM
They had no attacking ambition at all, besides the possibility of a counter. The triangles that Alexis, Ozil and Cazorla were making would most likely have been blown apart earlier in the match.