PDA

View Full Version : So, while watching these lunatics diving under moving HGV's, risking life and limb on a back axle in

7evens
09-24-2014, 01:41 PM
Calais, I was wondering why these desparados would risk it all to come to Britain, as opposed to France, Germany, Holland, Scandanavia etc.
I really don't buy into the benefits scrounging stuff as most take these risks to improve their lives and family prospects.
Just wondered what it is we're supposed to have that others don't ?

Sir Charlie of Nicholas
09-24-2014, 01:42 PM
One imagines it can only be the benefits system - or, perhaps more pertinently, the benefits system's reputation.

7evens
09-24-2014, 01:48 PM
Surely these people are simply looking for a way to earn a few quid and get on the ladder to a better life ?
May be we just run a far larger unregulated black market over here and when I say ' black market' I'm really not trying to upset Hills again ..

redgunamo
09-24-2014, 02:44 PM
half the teenaged terrorists who hold you at gunpoint at those boy scout-style, home-made checkpoints go on to tell you of relatives in Chicago, Cologne, Camberwell or wherever whom they wish to go and live with, once they've raised the cash.

Berni
09-24-2014, 06:21 PM
is actually one of the best places to live the world has to offer?

I know you've been sold a different idea for years, but seriously: there are few better places on earth to make a life than these wonderful, shabby little islands.

We are all ridiculously lucky. And most of us don't even have the grace to acknowledge it.

7evens
09-24-2014, 07:20 PM
You need to experience the blessings of living here to appreciate it. With these guys it's all based upon concept untill they've made it across