PDA

View Full Version : last night musings

wibble the lobster
09-24-2014, 07:16 AM
Must have been our shortest team ever. Ended with sanchez, bellerin, wilshere, rosicky, cazorla and the shortest keeper I have ever seen play for us truy to defend a corner against 6ft 4/5 players. Laughable really.

In general and as usual youngsters did better than old hands who looked rusty and unmotivated (podolski barely moved all game).

My other observations:

Bellerin couldn't control Mane. I will be surprised if he makes it as his pace which bailed him out won't make up for his lack of physicality (imagine drogba going out wide left)_

Chambers was nervy but got better.

Sanchez our best player on the night. Hayden though also played very well. Not tall for a centre back again! Coquelin also did well imo but didn't get forward due to Tadic.

Jack was prominent but maybe should have kept going to charge down clyne's thundershot.

Rosicky did not have a good game and as mentioned Podolski was beyond ****e.

Oh and oxtail looked a threat when he came on

Finally, the ref was a child right?

Nicosia Gooner
09-24-2014, 07:30 AM
idiot and Pods not much better

Yes we lost but were things that bad?

gco40203
09-24-2014, 07:41 AM
Sadly playing a mix of squad players and youngsters did not seem to work because the squad players didn't care enough and the youngsters were not good enough.

Never mind the carling cup would be nice to win and also gives the squad players a game but if they can't arsed then a waste of time really.

Credit to the fans as another good crowd last night

Nicosia Gooner
09-24-2014, 07:46 AM

PET
09-24-2014, 07:57 AM
Wenger's teams in the recent past hardly come over as cohesive units let alone the fact that he put out some rusty players without proper match practice yesterday

gco40203
09-24-2014, 09:48 AM
I should have added "last night" to my statement. It was implied by the word "were" instead of "are" thus indicating the comment related to the match but never mind.

From a long term perspective some may develop into first team players but they are not ready yet and last night they were not good enough.