PDA

View Full Version : I have come to the collusion there is not space for Ozil Ramsey and Wilshere at the same time.

Pat Vegas
09-22-2014, 09:46 AM
Ozil must stay where he played on the weekend.

Ramsey has been a bit slow so far this season. Strange as he didn't have world cup to go to.

Yes that's right collusion.

Billy Goat Sverige
09-22-2014, 09:52 AM
out wide has to stop, especially after his performance on Saturday.

Classic Jorge
09-22-2014, 09:54 AM
He's got the engine, he's pretty physically decent and he does like to get stuck in.

Plus, I'd imagine he'd be better than Arteta and Flamini have this season.

7evens
09-22-2014, 09:54 AM
I haven't given up on Diaby being a regular option in midfield at some stage :deluded:

Luis Anaconda
09-22-2014, 10:02 AM
no matter how much you whinge about it. I'm fairly sure Wenger would have preferred to give him a few weeks off but needs must and all that. He'll play centrally mostly from now on

Ashberto
09-22-2014, 10:04 AM
Jack has played there for England now.

Billy Goat Sverige
09-22-2014, 10:04 AM
back to what we were more used to last season. Ramsey playing closer to Arteta and Ozil behind the striker.

Luis Anaconda
09-22-2014, 10:07 AM
hardly radically different

Billy Goat Sverige
09-22-2014, 10:09 AM
in the autumn internationals. The kid is on fire.

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
09-22-2014, 10:13 AM
playing a perfect ball for Ozil to cross from was class, imo.

Yes, he hit a couple wide - one not by much - but his chipped cross for the volley Ozil dragged wide was clever too.

If he can do that when not at his best, I'm happy.

I just want to see out first choice XI.

Front 5 of:
Rambo
Ozil.
Alexis - Welbz - Santi.

And at the start of the season, it should have been Santi @ no.10, Olly up front and Alexis and Ox.

When Feo comes back, will he play Alexis - Welbz - Feo?

Santi's too good to sit on the bench, but I love that as a pacy front 3, with Ozil at no.10 and Rambo in the middle.

Billy Goat Sverige
09-22-2014, 10:14 AM

Steve Williams - gay for Mark Knopfler
09-22-2014, 10:15 AM
Yes he could do it, equally so could Jack as does Arteta but it is not a natural role to any of them and certainly in the case of the two younger models not the role which benefits the side most.

You stick the Welsh in there for instance and you are asking a serious level of tactical maturity on the boy or if he is forming a partnership with Wilshere a tactical understanding between them that perhaps does not exist at the moment, curbing his runs which are integral to his game, his goal-scoring instincts and ability.

We both know what happens the first time both of them are further up the pitch when they perhaps should be and a move breaks down.

As you can see I have no answer to the conundrum but agree with the increasing voice that 3 cannot go into 2.

Luis Anaconda
09-22-2014, 10:22 AM
Some f**king weird results this season already. Just wonder if defences have become **** or some teams really are playing good rugby

Ashberto
09-22-2014, 10:39 AM
AW isn't very rotatey though.

09-22-2014, 10:52 AM
Besides Wenger not being that keen on it, and for the absolute zero value of what it is worth I agree with him, you would be looking to rotate more often than needed.

All 3 are players at the highest level in the Premiership and will want to play most if not every week, yes they will accept the odd game in 10 perhaps for your European dead rubber or your Carling Cup etc. or worst case scenario when your medical staff dictate but otherwise none will take too kindly to any kind of prolonged bench warming. Then there is the commonly held opinion that young Jack needs to play in order for all parties to benefit.

I don’t think trying to re-invent one or other is the answer though Wilshere may have to face doing it for England.

Ashberto
09-22-2014, 11:18 AM
a strong league together?

He doesn't want to get rid of any of those three, I'm sure. Nor Ox or Santi, I expect. Too much of a good thing, perhaps?

09-22-2014, 11:31 AM
I do agree with you though I would imagine a player like Chamberlain for example at some point will want to play every week else he just becomes our James Milner.

Bit part 20 appearances per season of which 75% are as substitute*.

* until he replaces Theo when he is sold next summer