PDA

View Full Version : Union Jack is alive!!

Guns 'n' Roses
09-19-2014, 06:33 AM

'Neg
09-19-2014, 06:45 AM
and I have a doping explanation as to why Spain crumbled at the WC.

'Neg
09-19-2014, 06:53 AM
putting in very suspicious physical performances, which quite truck me during the during tournament.

http://www.evolutionary.org/fifa-introduced-biological-passp ort-for-clean-world-cup/ (http://www.evolutionary.org/fifa-introduced-biological-passport-for-clean-world-cup/)

Guns 'n' Roses
09-19-2014, 07:23 AM
are very capable of drugging themselves. But in cycling, long distance running, cross country skiing - if we're talking endurance sports - I can see he benefit of using Epo type of drugs. We're having top, top elite sportsmen who will use drugs to get that extra form on top of what they get from putting in massive amounts of time and kilometers on their shoes or bike or whatever they do. But football? Why? It's not like these guys are top fit anyway, when you measure them against their own potential ceiling? Why risk it all by using drugs when all you need to do is train a bit more specific on getting your heart to pump more blood out into your body?

'Neg
09-19-2014, 07:37 AM
I can;t believe people keep wheeling that out. The modern game is so intense and fast paced. If you can run faster for longer than anyone who trains equally hard as you do, that's a massive advantage in a 90-minute match at the top level.
Funny that how the only Spanish team, Real Sociedad, to have confessed to doping in the last 10 years, nearly won the league twice during that period.

How about tuning the argument round? Why would they not dope, if they know they can get away with it because governing bodies don't even try or want to do proper drug testing? + the money to be earned in football is way way beyond anything one could make in any doped endurance sports, so the temptation must be even greater in football.

Guns 'n' Roses
09-19-2014, 09:09 AM
train compared to other athletes. Swimmers, ice hockey players etc. accept from a very young age that they have to put in two sessions a day, and the first session starts 6 o clock in the morning. No footballer has ever trained 6 o clock in the morning. If I had suggested that to the parents of the kids I trained they'd think I was a loony.

Footballers train speed, over 40 meters. And they train technique. There is a massive potential for improving their endurance - just like you say, the modern football benefits from having players with great endurance. I don't have the answer - maybe they're drugged. To me it's just bizarre, that they'd choose to use drugs to improve their endurance when focus on slightly alternative training methods would give them the same results.

So here's my advice to Arsene: two days a week, you train technique and tactics early in the morning, and in the evening you run 4 x 1 km, preferably at a pace below 3.30 per km. No need to thank me. :-)

'Neg
09-19-2014, 09:32 AM
they need to so + some heavy duty mid-distance training on top. Brilliant. We'd need 2 more multi-million pound medical wings.

redgunamo
09-19-2014, 09:37 AM
morning since he was eight years old.

No idea how common this might be though.

Guns 'n' Roses
09-19-2014, 09:42 AM
extra sessions a week, if 4 x 4 intervals? Jack Wilshere e.g. he doesn't need endurance enhancing drugs, he can just quit smoking an cut down on his sessions out on the town with the lads! :-)

Look, all I'm saying is: how about if Dortmund actually train differently from Arsenal? More focus on endurance?

We - Norway - did that in the nineties, and performed remarkably well. Our problem was we didn't have technical players. Dortmund have both.

Guns 'n' Roses
09-19-2014, 09:47 AM
Thing is, middle distance runners are bloody fast too. Imagine the advantage a team would have with people who would constantly run at high speed up in your feet, and recover after 15 seconds of jogging - for 90 minutes.

'Neg
09-19-2014, 10:23 AM
They are not middle distance runners.

Ashberto
09-19-2014, 10:43 AM

Guns 'n' Roses
09-19-2014, 11:49 AM

'Neg
09-19-2014, 11:53 AM

Guns 'n' Roses
09-19-2014, 12:33 PM
some half decent endurance, you conclude they must be drugged. Maybe they are, I don't know. I'm just saying that in my experience, footballers have room to train more. Hence, improved stamina does not have to be as a result of drug usage.