PDA

View Full Version : I hate to admit it, but I think Souness was spot on. Midfield was non-existant

Harry Balls
09-17-2014, 12:25 AM
And has been for some time as Ozil doesnt defend (neither did Pires), and Wilshere, Ramsey, Cazorla, and Sanchez go bombing forward without regard for Arteta on his own trying to be a player he never had the physique for, let alone perform as needed in the twilight of his career. I think Wenger gambled a season too long with him and Rosicky. Great servants, but not the men for the job they are being asked to do after their legs have already gone.

Patrick Vieira said it best, he's a great manager when it clicks, but he's not there those times you need a kick up the arse.

Clueless Wanger
09-17-2014, 12:44 AM
was annihilated by City, Liverpool and Everton last year is still here.
Wenger has not improved things at all.
By leaving Arteta and Flamini as our main men in the bottom of the midfield is just plain stupid.
His myopic view of his team is stopping the Club from improving.
The sad part is I don't believe he will change now so for me, his time is up.

Nicosia Gooner
09-17-2014, 06:54 AM
Ramsey is a top player but this season he is well below his best and should stop the silly flicks and do the basics.

Its a long time since I have seen Arteta have such a terrible game, kept giving the ball away, decision making was wrong throughout the night and much too slow for the dynamic Dortmund players

Welbeck missing isn't that much of a problem to me right now because at least he is there to miss them, they'll soon go in and confidence will make the difference.

I thought The Ox looked good when he came on and I would play him this weekend v Villa in place of Ozil who needs to have a gradual return to form rather than thrown in at the deep end