PDA

View Full Version : I actually thought we had turned a corner after the post-Villa meltdown and Ozil signing last season

the splendor of antigone
09-01-2014, 12:36 PM
How positive everything looked earlier this transfer window with Debuchy, Ospina, Alexis, and Chambers signing on. I genuinely thought we might just challenge for the Premier League title this time around.

Now it looks* like we won't even get a CB, let alone an upgrade on Flamini and/or Sanogo. I quite like the latter, but he simply isn't ready. The vitriol against him should be directed against Wenger, however, seeing as he is the one picking the team.

We'll probably have to play a significant amount of games with Flamini, Monreal (at CB), and Sanogo starting. If you have 50m pounds to splash this prospect is pretty inexcusable.

And I understand playing Ozil out wide for a few games to get him back to sharpness, but surely this has to stop now? Get him back in his number 10 role where he can be absolutely devastating.

It's boring having to play for fourth place again.

This team should be good enough to challenge, but the depth simply isn't there when Arteta, Kos/Mert, and Giroud are injured:
Szcz
Debuchy Mert Kos Gibbs
Arteta Ramsey
Walcott Ozil Cazorla/Ox
Alexis

Here's to hoping Arsenal pulls a Rabiot out of the hat over the next ten hours, we're going to bloody need it.

I can't believe we are back in this situation :hehe: Were people actually chanting for Wenger to "spend some f**king money" yesterday? :hehe:

I just needed a moan :wave:

*Judging by what Ornstein said

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
09-01-2014, 12:47 PM