PDA

View Full Version : people dont realise we needed a striker before giroud got injured, not only that, defender, a DCM

o2be a gooner
09-01-2014, 09:39 AM
we were in for khedira remember??

wenger has left these 3 positions till the last day. so we will go on relying on Chambers, and Arteta... am i the only person who thinks this is ridiculous???

wibble the lobster
09-01-2014, 09:40 AM

Lord Roose Bolton
09-01-2014, 09:41 AM
and Poldi was close to being binned.

We should have being buying an excellent striker, Giroud 2nd choice and the rest fighting for 3rd / 4th

Hendon Gooner (Only Easy Day Was Yesterday))
09-01-2014, 09:46 AM
club is just happy to scrape into Champions league and win the odd FA cup now and then....

With that realisation in place...can no longer be too bothered anymore...

devongunner
09-01-2014, 09:47 AM

In Arsene we rust
09-01-2014, 09:52 AM
Sanogo should never start another Arsenal match again, it's plain as day that he will never be good enough. Maybe Joel Campbell isn't showing enough in training, I mean why would you NOT play him ahead of Sanogo. I just don't get it, am I missing something here? :shrug:

Lord Roose Bolton
09-01-2014, 09:54 AM

Hendon Gooner (Only Easy Day Was Yesterday))
09-01-2014, 10:18 AM
:hehe:

gco40203
09-01-2014, 10:22 AM
yup you are totally right. Everybody has been blinded by the Sanchez signing. Too much talk about us now competing to buy the best. Absolute bollox. We are still second raters in the transfer market because the top players don't want to play for clubs who are competing for 4th place and max out in last 32 (or at best last 16) in CL. they want to go to clubs with demonstrated ambition to win trophies.

ManUtd with VanGaal have now leapt above us in the pecking order along with Chelsea, ManCity plus the foreign teams like Real, Barca, PSG, Bayern etc. And everyone can moan about those clubs have major investors but Kroenke has invested very little and we have had Usmanov sitting on the side willing to invest for years but the board have ignored him so we are doing it to ourselves.

On the player aspect the reality is that Debuchy, Chambers and Ospinall have simply replaced us losing Sagna, Vermaelen, Fabianski. The real only addition has been Sanchez and as much as he might hustle and bustle he is not a top class scorer. He will chip in but he is a 15 league goal a season player not the 25 a year player we need.

So we are still missing a world class scorer, a top class defensive midfielder and back up for our defenders.