PDA

View Full Version : Arsenal season after game 2

Herr Floyd - PEGIDA
08-21-2014, 09:28 AM
Two injuries, one red card, two useless strikers who have failed to score. Two established centre halves on the books. It's going to be a long horrible season. I bet you all wish Herr Floyd was the boss don't you. This wouldn't happen under my stewardship.

redgunamo
08-21-2014, 09:45 AM

gco40203
08-21-2014, 10:47 AM
Sadly everyone has been dazzled by the headlines over the Sanchez signing. The reality is that Wenger has still not addressed any of the squad deficiencies.

All the other major signings have been direct replacements for departed players at keeper, right back and centre half. We have not notably added to the squad.

The lack of adequate centre half cover is not addressed, the lack of anyone who can tackle in the middle of the pitch has not been addressed and we still don't have a top class goalscorer.

With all due respect to their abilities I doubt Debuchy and Chambers will turn us into a title winning team. And Sanchez will just be a more industrious Podolski.

Exiled Gunner
08-21-2014, 04:18 PM
But I also want us to get an effective defensive midfielder, one more centre-back and -- ideally -- an alternative at centre-forward to Giroud and Sanogo!