PDA

View Full Version : So, Can we mount a challenge?

s0a9
08-15-2014, 03:24 PM
I mean, how far away were we last season?

If we had beaten Citeh home & away, we would have won it right? So, in theory, we weren't so far away that we couldn't improve on it this year? :shrug:

Mo Britain less Europe
08-15-2014, 03:31 PM

Harry Balls
08-15-2014, 03:35 PM
Citeh & Liverpool. We have to break the Mourinho curse, and get over the psychological step with Man Utd.

the splendor of antigone
08-15-2014, 03:35 PM
I am absolutely in awe of Ramsey's performance's over the course of the last 12 months or so, I genuinly think he's the best central midfielder in the Premiership.
Then you've got Ozil, a signing I can still not quite comprehend how we managed to pull off.
And now another world class player in Alexis Sanchez who gives to our attack exactly what we were calling out for last year after Theo's injury.

Then you've got the likes of Wilshere and Ox-Cham looking to prove themselves, and Theo to come back from injury. It's hard to understate how important the latter was pre-injury, and the extremely promising signs of him and Ozil in tandem. Remember the German feeding him about five through balls only for Theo to miss because he wasn't match fit.
An injury-free and in-form attacking force consisting of a mixture of Ozil, Ramsey, Wilshere, Cazorla, Giroud, Sanchez, Walcott, and Ox is a mouth-watering prospect.

Gibbs looked brilliant against Man City, looking forward to see what he and Chambers can do this season, and for Wojciech hopefully to maintain the same outstanding keeping he showed last season.

I don't know if we'll win anything, but there's a lot to look forward to.

Can't f**king wait :bow:

Harry Balls
08-15-2014, 03:40 PM
also got important ones. And, Sanogo may just get some!

the splendor of antigone
08-15-2014, 03:44 PM
But yes, he did save us on a number of occasions last season. Would rather see Ox get a chance, and Wenger did play him over Podolski in the first game last season.

7evens
08-15-2014, 04:08 PM
Can't say he lived up to anything close to his price tag last season.
Luxury players, captivating in a moment and disinterested the next.
I can still see us bottling it again in the CL and against Maureen's lot but the prospects look much better at the start of this season.

the splendor of antigone
08-15-2014, 04:11 PM
We haven't had a good enough squad. Nothing to do with bottle.

Luis Anaconda
08-15-2014, 04:16 PM
I mean you couldn't possibly believe that garbage after all

7evens
08-15-2014, 04:20 PM
Difficult draw last year but we've not progressed beyond the last 16 since 2009/10.

7evens
08-15-2014, 04:22 PM
Hard to disagree with that , surely ?

the splendor of antigone
08-15-2014, 04:28 PM
The AC Milan one was an odd one, though. Didn't we have an insane amount of injuries for the first leg?

edit: Not really. Szczesny, Sagna, Koscielny, Vermaelen, Gibbs, Song, Rosicky, Walcott, Ramsey, Arteta, van Persie.

7evens
08-15-2014, 04:36 PM
We all want him to do well as he oozes class but if he can't develop consistency, the crowd will get on his back over a season.
Sanchez, by contrast will hit the ground running. He simply won't give a ****... :-)

the splendor of antigone
08-15-2014, 04:46 PM
vitriol directed at him.
It won't matter, though, because he'll set up 600 goals with Theo, Ramsey, and Sanchez running off him :cloud9:

Exiled Gunner
08-16-2014, 04:16 AM
...and hope to be even more so this time next week.

What will seal it for me is if we get a really good defensive midfielder. And yes, one more able defender -- one better than Monreal -- would be nice!