PDA

View Full Version : Our squad(s)>>

Alfred C. Jolibois, PhD
08-04-2014, 09:14 PM
Add Khedira or Carvalho to the first team and we will walk the league. Our second string alone could challenge for top four:

......................................... Sczzezny

Debuchy.............Mertesacker............Kosciel ny........ ......Gibbs

...........................................Arteta

...........................................Ramsey

Walcott..................................Ozil..... .......... ....................Sanchez

...........................................Giroud

..........................................Sanogo

Ox/Podolsky.........................Cazorla.......... ....... ....Rosicky/Campbell

...........................................Wilsher e

............................................Flamin i

Monreal............Vermaelen..................Cham bers...... ...Bellerin

............................................Ospina

the splendor of antigone
08-04-2014, 09:35 PM
As for the second one, Monreal has not been convincing defensively, Vermaelen has been **** for a couple of seasons, Bellerin couldn't get a game at Watford last season, Podolski I don't particularly rate, Flamini Wenger seemed to lose faith in come the back end of the season, Sanogo still hasn't scored a goal in a competitive game, and Wilshere needs to get over his injury problems.

Rosicky, Ox, Cazorla, Chambers, and Ospina look alright :thumbup:

Campbell I don't much rate either.

-------------------Szczesny
----------Mertesacker------Koscielny
Debuchy-------------Carvalho-------
---------------Ramsey----------------Gibbs
---------------------Özil----Cazorla
-----Walcott---------Sanchez

Is well mint tho init blud

I'm not sure why I made it look like it's had a stroke, but I like being unorthodox.

Luis Anaconda
08-04-2014, 09:48 PM
but saying a team that defence would challenge for the top four is a f**king joke tbh. We undoubtedly have a bit more strength in depth but no need to embarrass yourself

Alfred C. Jolibois, PhD
08-04-2014, 09:54 PM
as Giroud (a 21 goal, 11 assist striker, let's remember that) will occupy both CBs and provide a pivot for exchanges with the middle as well. Ozil will then have his pick of either the threaded pass between the CB and FB for Theo and Alexis, or the dink over the full defense for these two plus the on-rushing Ramsey.

If we learn to make sure there are always three defenders + DM behind, even when we attack (so, only one full back in attack at the time) we should always be OK, as EVERYONE will play deep against us with the threat of pace we will offer.

If runs from the wings and Ramsey does not work, we can always try to out-pass other teams (as we will have the payers for that as well.)

Team is mouth-watering--even more so if we can add a defensive mid-shield that is as good as Arteta at the passing game but offers pace and tackling...

Alfred C. Jolibois, PhD
08-04-2014, 09:57 PM
the challengers for top four...

But, perhaps I get carried away a little.

Luis Anaconda
08-04-2014, 10:00 PM
Aside from the defence I am fairly sure that Adebayor on his own has scored more premier league goals that that line-up

the splendor of antigone
08-04-2014, 10:10 PM
Eriksen is absolutely deadly from set pieces and will deliver many assists for the lanky Togolese. I watched a couple of their preseason games as well being a pervert and all, and Lamela looks very handy. And they'll probably try a Verthongen/Chichires CB partnership which means the calamitous Dawson/Kaboul won't be seeing much game time insofar as the former duo stays injury free (unlikely as they look to struggle with injuries much like us).
They agreed to an extension with Danny Rose which is bizarre, but their starting eleven looks half-way decent and will push Everton, Liverpool, and maybe even United as well (insofar as Europa League does not, once again, become too much of a distraction).

And with Pochettino at the helm instead of Sherwood (:hehe:) I think they'll improve on last season although probably nowhere near top 4.

Pasquale
08-04-2014, 11:04 PM

the splendor of antigone
08-04-2014, 11:10 PM
http://i.imgur.com/s4pFr1R.jpg

eastgermanautos
08-05-2014, 02:26 AM

SOLMAN(read by millions)
08-05-2014, 06:17 AM

eastgermanautos
08-05-2014, 07:42 AM

Luis Anaconda
08-05-2014, 07:44 AM
some people just want to moan

SOLMAN(read by millions)
08-05-2014, 08:16 AM

SOLMAN(read by millions)
08-05-2014, 08:17 AM

Sir Charlie of Nicholas
08-05-2014, 08:30 AM

Luis Anaconda
08-05-2014, 08:31 AM
You seem to be only capable of measuring the strength of a squad in terms of numbers in and numbers out - not particularly intelligent to be honest

Luis Anaconda
08-05-2014, 08:48 AM
quite odd

dingdong666
08-05-2014, 08:49 AM
I suspect Arsene is aware of the Defensive midfield issue and is addressing it.

the Portuguese lad is top class but you can't fault him for pursuing Khedeira.

Sir Charlie of Nicholas
08-05-2014, 08:50 AM
I mean, it looked like the boggly-eyed wonder, but maybe I was wrong.

Luis Anaconda
08-05-2014, 09:09 AM

Sir Charlie of Nicholas
08-05-2014, 09:10 AM
By which I mean I don't like him because he doesn't have a kind face.

Luis Anaconda
08-05-2014, 09:12 AM

SOLMAN(read by millions)
08-05-2014, 03:07 PM