PDA

View Full Version : WTF?? The SPL - (12 teams) - "Top 6 teams split after 33 games". So they play each team 3 times,

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
07-15-2014, 10:58 PM
and then play a final 5 games depending on which half of the table they're in.

So the bottom (relegated) club could lose on goal difference, but could have played Celtic away twice and at home once. While the team that beat they could have had two home games.

How on earth have they come up with that?

That is the most f**ked up league system I've ever encountered.

Insane.

btw, the Proddies aren't in the SPL. But the papists still lost 7 games. And they moan about having to qualify for the CL proper?

They lost to Ross County ffs. I've never even heard of them. 6k attendance.

And they moan about the qualifiers?

Mo Britain less Europe
07-15-2014, 11:00 PM
Rangers domination.

Classic Jorge
If so, I think it's beholden on me to say "Ah, Dr Livingstone, I presume"

the group stages.

Yes, I am being a moany c**t. Cos of them getting Eddie 9 banned.

07-15-2014, 11:03 PM

07-15-2014, 11:08 PM
goes on up there, do you?

All I knew was it was a two team league until one went kaput.

But I didn't know that they play 3 games against each team, split the league in half, and then play another 5.

Nor than the papists were both so dominant (see all those 4 and 5 nil wins) and simultaneously so **** (cf all those home defeats.)

Weird place.

And to think that 5 or so years ago, some Celtic acquaintance said it would only be fair if the PL let the two big scotch clubs join.

He couldn't see why I didn't want to give up two potential CL places. With those two teams suddenly getting a 4 mil fan base cos every Jock would cheer for one of those two teams against an Englisher.

07-15-2014, 11:09 PM
at the end?

Mo Britain less Europe
07-15-2014, 11:15 PM

Classic Jorge
07-15-2014, 11:16 PM
The Brazillians spend half the season playing state championships and half playing nationally, Argentina split their league into opening and closing (apertura and clausura) stages with separate championships for each and the US split half the league off for a playoff system so some teams only get two thirds of a season.

Classic Jorge
07-15-2014, 11:26 PM