PDA

View Full Version : I find the sentiment of America's ascension in Soccerball a bit odd

Chief Arrowhead
07-02-2014, 09:51 AM
It's only the format of this competition that makes it seem so. We win pne, lose two and draw one. 5 points out of four games will keep you from getting relegated, but that's about it.

Now there were things to admire. Klinsmann has brought positivity to the squad and you see the Genesis of a "national identity". The effort was impressive and admirable. The trend line is up. Anyone dissing USA soccer looks foolish (neg) and you can't consider meeting them to be an easy win.

They're a legit top 20 team. But the gap between that and top 5 is Grand Canyonesque. We can assume that Klinsmann has identified and poached all the "HalfAmericans" he can. We need a home grown culture that encourages our best child athletes to go into soccer. I can't see that happening.

I'll save my comments about the changing sentiment regarding Soccerball for another day.

Mc Gooner
07-02-2014, 10:04 AM

PSRB
07-02-2014, 10:12 AM

Ashberto
07-02-2014, 10:27 AM
You've a big country with a strong sporting ethos. Even a modest percentage of the natural talent can make the difference.