PDA

View Full Version : How about usurping congress, Fabregasm?

Chief Arrowhead
06-02-2014, 11:57 PM
The whole Iran/Contra thing which you gleefully fall back on in nostalgia was based on Reagan deciding that he could negotiate with Iran without congressional approval.

A DEMOCRATIC led Congress inserted a rule that there be a 30 day notice to Congress before movement of Gitmo prisoners. That was so Pelosi, et. al., could rail on Bush. Obama just broke that law.

This is just fine with you and your ilk. You statists will do whatever, including breaking laws you yourself created to tamp down on the "evil" people. Which means those that oppose. All opposition must be eliminated by whatever means. Will you acknowledge being a fascist? That is what your beliefs are, my friend. Cheers!

Alexism - Atheoist
06-03-2014, 03:33 AM
far. Bush's signing statements were a clear violation of Congress' authority to pass laws. Obama has also overstepped, but probably not in the ways you're thinking because you're just not that smart.

I have also said (repeatedly) that Obama is the worst President in terms of civil liberties. (And I just said so again.)

So, stupid man - 1) Point to one post where I defended Obama - You can't, but that doesn't matter. I've asked you to point to one several times before. It doesn't matter. Facts don't register with you. You think (term loosely applied) that what you want to believe is true is therefore true. Pro tip - it almost never is. 2) You were the one who would not let a single anti-Bush post go unreplied to (and the replies were thoughtful ones like...why do you want the terrorists to win, why do you hate the troops etc.) And yet in your world I am the one who bows to Dear Leader? I'd laugh, but you can vote, so instead I'll cry. Cry for my beloved country.

Oh and how did the policies you defended so valiantly on this board turn out? Iraq? Tax cuts for the wealthiest? Massive deficit spending? Deregulation? Cutting government spending (especially industry watchdogs?)

bueller....Bueller....Bueller...

Chief Arrowhead
06-03-2014, 04:50 AM
Which we always knew all along.