PDA

View Full Version : You have to feel this Telegraph journalist slightly missed the point

Classic Jorge
05-19-2014, 09:57 PM
"I remember hearing their debut single Supersonic blasting through the student union on a Friday night and it felt like standing in the jet stream of a plane as it tore off into the sky. It had the dynamic punk kick of the Sex Pistols’ God Save the Queen – but, rather than threatening anarchy in the UK, Liam and Noel Gallagher were snarling on about gin and tonics and riding in BMWs."

Yes. It's clearly a song about G&Ts and German cars.

Berni
05-19-2014, 10:08 PM
fame was that they were able to offer a simulacrum of authenticity to a generation so desperate to buy that spectacularly vapid concept that they were prepared to accept any derivative old **** if they could tell themselves it was 'real'.

c**ts.

Classic Jorge
05-19-2014, 10:16 PM
It's also the best thing Oasis ever did, like the 90s themselves they started in a high and quickly became a facsimile of a facsimile....

Surely anybody with a rudimentary graspof the world could see its a hymn to cocaine though. I mean, I reckon even Jacob Rhys-Mogg would have suspicions. The Telegraph is a wonderful paper.

dismalswamp
05-19-2014, 10:18 PM

Berni
05-19-2014, 10:22 PM
Heroin, Perfect Day, Waiting for the Man, White Light, White Heat. He was also good on dado-masochism, sex with trannies, being sort of gay, despair and cancer.

God rest his leathery soul.

Berni
05-19-2014, 10:24 PM
I'm off to nail my cock to the dado rail :hehe:

Classic Jorge
05-19-2014, 10:30 PM
His mate Iggy did Lust for Life, Dead Flowers by The Stones, Hurt by NIN, Mr Brownstone by GNR, Chinese Rocks by The NYDs.

Interestingly though, two of the best drugs songs are White Lines (Don't do it!) and Needle and the Damage Done.

No place for Just Say No

Classic Jorge
05-19-2014, 10:32 PM
I did like the song before that though, their love song to their gap year escapades before going off to do PPE at Oxford, Columbia.

Chief Arrowhead
05-19-2014, 10:39 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ChjLMbXVrU

Did you know that GF also invented the machine that produced the reverb in this song?

Classic Jorge
05-19-2014, 10:45 PM
Caught my daughter singing that the other day, much better than Wu Tang

Chief Arrowhead
05-19-2014, 10:52 PM
Shake your Moneymaker for starters...