PDA

View Full Version : Don't think that the Wenger doubters will be much swayed by this match

Chief Arrowhead
05-17-2014, 07:01 PM
The #1 thing is it smashes the "X number of years" narrative so I guess they need to hit the reset button.

The Fabianski selection looked to be an epic mistake there. Their second should have been easily tipped past the post. Made a hash of it. But then again the marking was woeful.

thought the big move was getting Podolski off about 10 minutes earlier than the norm and switching to 4-4-2. That left Bruce's three man back line vulnerable and it changed the game. Luckily, thanks to Kos bucking up and shaking off injury, Wenger had two subs left and the Rosicky/Wilshere fresh legs were too much for Hull.

Going forward I don't know if this changes much. Wenger will still be under pressure to make something good happen before August 31. Still, I'm happy for Wenger and the players who really do seem like a close knit bunch and overall the kind of folks we like as representatives of The Arsenal.

Herr Floyd - PEGIDA
05-17-2014, 07:03 PM

Chief Arrowhead
05-17-2014, 07:05 PM
I would expect a grooming of Steve Bould or whoever they choose and then Wenger exits. They have certainly taken notes from ManU on how not to replace a legend. A smooth transition would be very Arsenal.

Bergkamp's Brain
05-17-2014, 07:09 PM
1) You're probably right. The doubters will still point to the start and the missed chances etc.

2) Finally we can tell those c**ts to shut their gob

3) Fabianski, a bit harsh to blame him for that, the ball hit the post, he didn't save it.

4) Sanogo freed up Giroud and he was the real difference. O nce we were holding the ball up top, Ramsey was freed to get forward and join them.

5) We need to replace the leavers and also get a top, top striker in. We cannot go into the season with just Giroud and Sanogo. We will struggle.

pjlincs
05-17-2014, 07:12 PM
forward (Sanogo is a no go still I'm afraid)and Man Utd will be trying to splash the cash so Arsene will need to use his influence and experience for us to compete in the market.

ChrisH2
05-17-2014, 07:34 PM
Hi Chief, thanks for the welcome back. I've been here all the time, over there on the left, next to Obama! I read all the posts since February 2005. Thanks for caring about the Arsenal. Arsene is our best ever manager and must stay until he's had enough? Painting Boston RED tonight. Big weight off our shoulders today. Thanks to all Gooners everywhere, Love you man.