PDA

View Full Version : Some may like it, some may not, regardless, Arsene is the Masterchef for

Paul Vaessen's moment of glory
05-12-2014, 09:24 PM
at least two more years, so I'd rather support him and the team than get embroiled in idiotic keyboard warfare with foaming haters or pseudo intellectual "me and Arsene understand this game and you don't" sycophants. Being in a band for so long, I understand AWs stubborn lunacy and have no qualms with that, fingers crossed we win the FA Cup. What I didn't like much, however, was his interview for Eurosport 2 days ago, wherein he said "i have been here for 18 years, so people shouldn't judge me on just one game". Fair enough, but you're also getting those excuses in early, in case you lose a third Final in a row, aren't you, Arsene? That's a bit disappointing. THAT level of contempt for everyone else. It's not as if you've cured cancer or anything, you're a FOOTBALL manager, you know - tikka-taka, kick-a-ball-about on a field of green..Anyway, hope we win, would be rather brutal, the reaction of some, the cushy end-of-season "stability" could get buggered by an icnendiary element.

7evens
05-12-2014, 09:40 PM
He's a stubborn old goat and the smart move would have been to have called it a day with an FA trophy and CL qualification.

Classic Jorge
05-12-2014, 09:41 PM
That said, I want to come and live with you in Bulgaria, it looks ace

Hendon Gooner (Only Easy Day Was Yesterday))
05-12-2014, 09:45 PM
Just getting it ready for 7.30pm on Saturday evening..

:hide:

:hehe:

Looking fantastic weather wise for Cup Final Saturday...

05-12-2014, 09:47 PM
before Arsene, there was also an Arsenal goofing up Cup Finals waaaaaaay before AW too. Cardiff, Swindon, West Ham (then in division 2), Luton....so it would be unfair to blame him for what has become a somewhat creepy tradition...Which is why I don't think we're "bang on" to win it, even though they have Jelavic and Long unavailable and losing it, really, would be quite some feat.

05-12-2014, 09:49 PM
that f**king thing, scraping past Hull with a kneed Mertesacker injury-time winner?

05-12-2014, 09:53 PM
there were models aplenty there, we draw that sort, mmmm :-)

Nicosia Gooner
05-12-2014, 09:54 PM
be positive for now?

Classic Jorge
05-12-2014, 09:58 PM
It wasn't so much the models as your slavish devotion to decadence and glamour, kind of like the new romantics in the camden palace but not with people from hellholes like upminster, acton and purley.*

Bravo sir, it looked like a blast and the new choon is cracking

05-12-2014, 10:00 PM
anyone who doesn't emulate your vision of things, it seems to me. As if, in your everyday life, you never "moan"/complain about anything. Or is this just down to football, Nic? I completely admire your passion for the Arsenal and even more so your lack of smugness and contempt for other Arsenal "fans" (this seems to be a dirty word on awimb)/supporters/aficionados etc....Look at my first two sentences and then accuse me of being negative.

Hendon Gooner (Only Easy Day Was Yesterday))
05-12-2014, 10:01 PM
Screaming at their incompetence...

:hehe:

And of course - Hull have shown fantastic pre FA Cup form....losing their last 5 or so matches...

We are fcuked!

:cry:

Nicosia Gooner
05-12-2014, 10:06 PM

05-12-2014, 10:10 PM
Doing it acoustic style made us seem more social-friendly and was easier for us to lure the upcoming hip kids unto our freakery damned and berserk!

Classic Jorge
05-12-2014, 10:11 PM
You used to be cool, it used to be about the music maaaaaaaaan

05-12-2014, 10:15 PM
I mean, I started going to games in 1981, you went much earlier....this isn't some kids playground to prove our Arsenal credentials. There are a few egocentrics about who we tolerate and humour as being amazing "experts". but, seriously - you WOT? I'm not attempting anything,but it seems plenty of f**kos have turned Arsenal into Arsene FC (just like the Premier League supposes there was nothing before it), you excluded as you've seen ian ure and Jeff Blockley :-)...... If you think i don't want us to win the Cup and Arsene to go on and prove everyone wrong, then i am sorry to say, but you're wrong on that one. Have some mussaka.

Nicosia Gooner
05-12-2014, 10:22 PM
Simply because I said you are being -ve; because you are not happy that Wenger made a comment that seems to you he is already looking for excuses if he loses v Hull

All I said is why not wait for that match before you criticise Wenger, yet you are bringing stuff about the number of years we have been supporting the club which is totally irrelevant.

Don't you you really think its a fair point that its better to wait until after the outcome of the FA Cup Final before you criticise his comments?

What happens if we win on Saturday? Surely your point about looking for excuses will look stupid as its wrong, no?

05-12-2014, 10:27 PM
be surprised in the slightest if we lost. It could turn very ugly you know. let's hope it doesn't. On paper, we "should" be walking this one. Here's to Rosicky coming on and netting a cracker in the top corner. Diaby too, he needs it.

Ashberto
05-13-2014, 12:20 AM
If we lose, the knives will be out, the poison will be primed and the bullets will be flying.

I hope we fùcking win.

Nicosia Gooner
05-13-2014, 07:23 AM
Blackburn, West Ham, York City, Wrexham, Rotherham etc. etc.

Hull is a much better team than the above

Of course we all hope that we win on Saturday

Come on Arsenal!

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
05-13-2014, 07:41 AM

Nicosia Gooner
05-13-2014, 07:49 AM