PDA

View Full Version : Surely Fab's inclusion today indictes he will play next week?

Monty91
05-11-2014, 07:37 PM

CrossGun
05-11-2014, 08:09 PM

Bergkamp's Brain
05-11-2014, 08:10 PM
Imagine if he makes the mistake that costs us the cup final. :shrug:

Why would Wenger take that risk?

Monty91
05-11-2014, 08:15 PM
If he has genuine faith in Fab (and he has been absolutely fantastic in our run to the Final) then why would he not play him?

Add to the fact that we know Wenger has a strong sentimental streak.

Oh and the fact that in his interview after the semi, he said that Fabianski would play in the Final.

Why would he have played today if not to give him sone competitive game time ahead of next week? We didn't rest anyone else so why rest Szeisny?

Bergkamp's Brain
05-11-2014, 08:41 PM
Wenger would be playing our number 2 in goal. Would he be able to live with that decision if it backfired?

On the other hand, if Fabianski is leaving then should he be playing in this final at all?

Monty91
05-11-2014, 08:46 PM
high profile club playing their second choice keeper in the Champions League all the way through the competition.

I don't see the fact that he's leaving as relevant. What is relevant are his motivation levels and his ability. His ability has been evident throughout the competition so far. His motivation levels only Wenger can judge, and surely winning the FA Cup will only enhance his profile at a time when he is looking for another club?

If all of your points are valid, why would Wenger play him in the semi final and previous rounds against top level teams, but not the Final? It simply doesn't make sense...

Also, i ask again, why would he have played today? If Szeizny was being rested, why were not other players?

Bergkamp's Brain
05-11-2014, 08:55 PM
I'd imagine that Fabianski playing today could be seen as an indication that he'll be playing next week. The question was, would he regret it if Fabianski made the error that cost us the final?

My personal opinion, I'd play the Polish one

redgunamo
05-11-2014, 09:51 PM
They're both decent enough.

Ashberto
05-11-2014, 10:52 PM