PDA

View Full Version : Assuming we replace sagna and nobody else leaves, can we do better next year without any other new

Peter
05-07-2014, 07:15 AM
Signings?

It is certainly possible. Ozil will have a much better season, we might not lose ramsey for three months. The tricky bit could be walcott. With no pre-season and a horrible injury to come back from we may not get see much from him next season. Doubt he will play before november/december and you can expect niggly injuries through the season.

If he has lost a yard of pace he is f**ked .

I think we can safely say he has to buy a forward of some sort, even if it isnt a big name first choice.

Ben.
05-07-2014, 07:33 AM
that Chelsea will buy a proper striker, City will buy big and Man United cannot possibly be as bad as last year, plus Liverpool.
Without any signings we would struggle to replicate this season, even with the extremely unlikely prospect of being lucky with injuries.
At the very least we need a forward player with some pace and a quick, strong midfielder to replace Arteta who is going to be even more exposed/vulnerable than he was this season.

pjlincs
05-07-2014, 07:33 AM
player to cover that role too. Torres on the cheap and a realistic wage? Needs to be someone who can also come off the bench and make a difference in a game that we are chasing.

Billy Goat Sverige
05-07-2014, 07:47 AM
after selling a few big names.

The Tony
05-07-2014, 07:50 AM
Helluva squad even without Sagna and with new players likely.

Suspect the league will be even weaker next year....big signings will hinge even more on 1 huge departure causing a chain reacting again and I can't think of any names big enough who might move,

Suarez? Maybe I dunno.

'Neg
05-07-2014, 07:52 AM
So I think Feo will be playing by early September tbh.

Ben.
05-07-2014, 07:56 AM
it's just having convinced myself for so long it won't be properly implemented I tend to just completely disregard it.
At least they are throwing some punishments about, albeit stupid ones.

Nicosia Gooner
05-07-2014, 08:04 AM

Pat Vegas
05-07-2014, 08:12 AM
for the top four games.

Pat Vegas
05-07-2014, 08:13 AM
I can't see anybody getting banned for persistent FFP breaches. They may be a ban but it would never be enforced.

'Neg
05-07-2014, 08:13 AM
“Preparation was a term I was to hear more and more. It had another more sinister meaning. If you were prepared, it meant you were doped.”
― David Millar, Racing Through the Dark

Luis Anaconda
05-07-2014, 08:16 AM
* Yes I know it was the Palace game but with Tony "Man of the Year" Pulis in charge, Palace could be top four next season **

** Barry, if you've read the bit above, yes I did really write that it doesn't mean you are drunk ***

*** you probably are *******

******* The Burj Dubai

Pat Vegas
05-07-2014, 08:20 AM
There are plenty of things now not permitted.

4-4-2
Passion
Tactics
Bottling
Defensive Midfielders

Peter
05-07-2014, 10:15 AM
Year....