PDA

View Full Version : For the record Barclaycard are unreliable cunds.

Pat Vegas
05-06-2014, 10:46 AM
Avoid like the plague.

Whilst they have all the fancy technology etc. Anytime I make a big purchase they instantly call me up to confirm it and then automatically send new card despite the charges being fine. Anyway this is a separate issue.

I was hiring a car in Italy. We already had prepaid for it and it was just a little way outside of the airport. We go to the place and they need to take a security authorisation of EUR 1500.00 which is fine. They go to use the card it's declined. They try again same thing.

So then we have to call Barclaycard for about half and hour to which they then say 'We closed your account as you did not activate your new card' Didn't receive any new card or even asked for one. And there was nothing they could do to help. So I told them to get f**ked.

So the Credit card dosen't work and we are stuck in the airport and all the other companies have this same policy. Fortunately Avis would take debit cards. So I had to pay EUR 450 with Avis and I lost the money I've paid for the original company :furious:

Few days later barclaycard calls back and offers me £50 goodwill gesture.

Bunch of cunds. Amex is on it's way.

Mc Gooner
05-06-2014, 11:26 AM
I have to deal with the fückers professionally and they are utterly incompetent