PDA

View Full Version : As I came in from Great Missenden into Marylebone, the station was full of awful, grubby-looking

Berni
04-14-2014, 08:55 AM
people bellowing football songs about yellow ribbons and dressed in dreadful, garish colours. Quite a lot of them seemed to be drunk, almost all were overweight and many seemed to be struggling to work out which way to go to get to Wembley. Indeed, I quite enjoyed watching several of these utter buffoons going the wrong way on the Bakerloo line (whilst irritating everyone with their ridiculous songs) and not correcting them.

Awful people. :-(

Sir Charlie of Nicholas
04-14-2014, 08:59 AM

Classic Jorge
04-14-2014, 09:01 AM
Something old, something borrowed. Basically we need something blue and some new to make it into a wedding.

Berni
04-14-2014, 09:07 AM
Then, feeling sharp set, we repaired to fish! in Borough Market (the prevalence of exclamation marks on whose menu makes me think it was written by someone in the throes of a savage coke binge), where I ate of lobster and we drank a couple of bottles of a very agreeable Riesling and then a bottle of something Spanish and expensive that I was cozened into by the toothsome waitress. After that we had a couple of nightcaps (wine for me, my pal took to drinking amaretto on ice - the great sodomite). I somehow found my way home, where I decided another glass of wine was called for.

Yesterday was a bit dicey.

Sir Charlie of Nicholas
04-14-2014, 09:13 AM
An ill breath? The eyes hollow and dim? The complexion pallid? I should very much like to see your excrement.

Berni
04-14-2014, 09:17 AM
Mind you, I did manage a six-mile run. Although it did make me puke a tiny bit.

How about you? Have you been Mr Toad-ing it around the place all weekend? :-D

Sir Charlie of Nicholas
04-14-2014, 09:19 AM
It's been quite the exciting weekend.

Tomorrow I have an appointment at Caterham :driving:

PSRB
04-14-2014, 09:21 AM

Berni
04-14-2014, 09:24 AM

Sir Charlie of Nicholas
04-14-2014, 09:27 AM
After Easter. I'll pop his head in a vice if I have to.