PDA

View Full Version : In all my years as an Arsenal fan I cannot remember so much negativity towards the club

Nicosia Gooner
04-13-2014, 08:53 AM
Yes we were not brilliant against Wigan but jesus wept, they only had one shot on target other than the penalty and they were wasting time from the 1st minute;

We hit the woodwork twice their goalie and defenders made some brilliant saves / clearances off the line

So what exactly made us lucky to win that match?

Wigan have beaten 3 PL teams on their way to Wembley and lets not forget they have beaten Man City twice, one at Wembley (Final) and the last round at Man City

And the criticism for our celebration is ridiculous, are players not allowed to celebrate anymore? Have we really come to the point where celebrations are only acceptable for trophies?

Did anyone criticise ManU for their way OTT celebrations after beating Olympiakos to qualify for the quarter finals?

And did anyone criticise Chelsea for their OTT celebrations after beating PSG to reach the semi-final?

modd
04-13-2014, 08:55 AM
at this stage

no one cared we beat sheffied united 1-0 in semi and played crap to win it in 2003

no one cared we played crap over wolves in 1998 to win semi

no one cared united beat milwall 3-0 in fa cup final in 2004

no cared chelsea beat lowly blackburn in fa cup semi final in 2007

all that matter is we near the promise land and we 90 mintues from some of greatest moments of our lives

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
04-13-2014, 08:58 AM
well they've played in getting to the semi. Being kind, it's probably just frustration at our inability to roll over 'smaller' teams even with 5/6 first teamers unavailable. As some (PVMOG etc) have said tbf...its ALL about the result. Wd The Arsenal, now let's win our last few games this season.

Mack

Hendon Gooner (Only Easy Day Was Yesterday))
We just looked like we were playing in glue.
No pace, no power and a severe lack of confidence.

Chelski overcame a 2 goal deficit to beat a fellow Champions League contending team...

We got through on penalties against a Championship level team.

:shrug:

modd
04-13-2014, 09:00 AM
wigan to win fa cup in semi or way we done it

no care we beat southampton in fa cup semi

just enjoy fact we in cup final mate

modd
04-13-2014, 09:01 AM
been moaning about that. we have some f**king plastics as fans

One Wilf Copping
04-13-2014, 09:02 AM
:hehe:

Bergkamp's Brain

modd
and most enjoy sunny parade five weeks today on sunday may 18th starting at 10.30 am

( well i can,t im at work but later on in day ) :banghead:

anyway get the f**k in their. love fab and per. legends forever. :-)

Bergkamp's Brain
04-13-2014, 09:05 AM
We were poor yesterday. At least the fans stuck with the players. The media are full of ****e and some of the crap being written is more than a tad irritating

Nicosia Gooner
04-13-2014, 09:05 AM
I have already said we were not brilliant but better than Wigan we were

You ignored the fact that Wigan has beaten 3 PL to face us and that they have beaten City away as well as in the final at Wembley

As for Chelsea, did you really think they were the underdogs with the billions spent on their squad? It was obvious that PSG without Ibrahimovic are a much lesser team and you forget that Chelsea could have easily scored 3 or 4 in the first half in Paris

So are you suggesting that if its a bigger win in the quarter finals then a post match celebration but on in the semi isn't?

Nicosia Gooner
04-13-2014, 09:06 AM

arse-nick (avid-analogue-addict)
04-13-2014, 09:07 AM
We have been handicapped with the loss of key midfielders over such an extended period.
But our refusal to invest in a proven striker has really hindered our season. Also the ongoing refusal by Wenger to adapt tactics for certain games is so frustrating. His way and only his way, sometimes it really isn't THE way.

Bergkamp's Brain
04-13-2014, 09:08 AM
Got home and realised that sky+ had stopped the recording 3 minutes into extra time :furious: :****er:

modd
04-13-2014, 09:10 AM
how we do it. i don,t give a f**k if we handball a winner in the final as long as we grab hold of the magic old lady

modd
04-13-2014, 09:11 AM
match in fa cup semi. many teams die to be in the cup final

NZgunner
04-13-2014, 09:17 AM
sure Wigan made it tougher for us than we wanted, and neither Hull nor the Blades will be prestigious opposition in the final - but we beat 3 good teams and Spurs on the way to Wembley

I'm sure many in the press will try to diminish it if we do win in May because they get so much mileage out of the "x-years without a trophy" *******s

Nicosia Gooner
04-13-2014, 09:17 AM

modd
04-13-2014, 09:21 AM
and say f**k you all.

barrybueno
04-13-2014, 09:50 AM
to see a team not go absolutely mad after winning one no matter what the prize is at the end of it or who you have just beaten.

gco40203
04-13-2014, 10:12 AM
If your point is about us winning yesterday rather than our whole season then I fully agree with you. When a club is in a semifinal then the whole objective is to get to the final and who cares whether they win 12-0 or by penalties, they are entitled to be ecstatic about winning and getting to the final. Its crazy to criticise them for celebrating like loons especially when the game was so tense.

It also pissed me off when everyone criticised the players for celebrating the win over newcastle at end of last year to get into CL. Ok we should have done better over the season but when you get to last match and you are either in or out of the CL why would you not celebrate the win and the success.

When you play a match you are running on adrenalise and the objective is to win so when you win and you are fuelled with adrenaline it is natural to celebrate. People who criticise it are just making a nonsense story out of nothing. Lazy journalism.

Bergkamp's Brain
04-13-2014, 10:17 AM
Silly old pain the arse

SOLMAN(read by millions)
04-13-2014, 10:39 AM
we could have gone close but run out of players, one striker is a disgrace , football is rubbish , no pace , Wenger has lost it , sorry but his tactics are non existant , his transfer dealing pathetic

Mack
04-13-2014, 11:32 AM
Been there done that.