PDA

View Full Version : Just came back from the match

No. 3 Eroica
04-12-2014, 11:05 PM
I am exhausted. Probably experienced every single emotion in that game.

I feared the worst when Wigan scored the first goal, and conceding first is usually the ultimate nightmare scenario for us. The wave of pessimism suddenly gripped the stadium like the plague, and I thought we were going to witness the last 30 minutes of Wenger's tenure too. Crowd got especially toxic when Poldi got substituted with Giroud, and there was even a brawl which broke out between our own set of fans near where I was sitting. Sad scenes.

BUT we kept going. Monreal getting substituted by Gibbs changed the game. It really provided a good platform for many good goalscoring opportunities after that, including BFG equalising (crowd went absolutely mental) which atoned for his previous mistake. Have to give full credit to our support. They were utterly amazing - from start to finish. I didn't go to the Liverpool FA Cup home game, but I'll wager that the atmosphere today probably trumped that on so many levels. You could sense that these fans wanted it as much as the players, maybe even more so because a lot of these players haven't been at Arsenal for as long as the trophy drought.

Our performance was poor, lacking ideas, but understandably that's been down to our low confidence recently. However, on the whole, we deserved to win the game and it was fantastic to see our players cope with the intense pressure and keep their composure on the penalty shootout. Even though they were kicking at the Wigan end, you wouldn't have noticed it at all because their support was utterly drowned by the 70,000 Arsenal voices around the stadium.

She wore a yellow ribbon... Que sera etc. :bow: Let's win the bloody thing in May!

modd
04-12-2014, 11:07 PM
like that and deliver so well on pens shows the huge bottle of this

well done to you and fans at wembley. you drove our team to the promise land today

you be thank from gooners rest of our lives same way fans in caridff, coperhagan , and other great moment in our club history were

we done it. made hard work of it but we nearer the promise land

get the f**k in their mate and lift the cup at 7.10 pm on may 17th

One Wilf Copping
04-12-2014, 11:07 PM

:hehe:
04-12-2014, 11:12 PM

LadyG -keeping the spirit of the unbeatables alive
04-12-2014, 11:39 PM
Feel exactly the same. I was so stressed during the game! I needed to sit down for a while after the penalties.

Chief Arrowhead
04-13-2014, 12:03 AM
Millions of us from around the world had our hearts in our throats, feeling every emotion as well! Thanks for being our representatives inside the stadium.

Ashberto
04-13-2014, 12:16 AM
The word 'toxic' came to my mind too at that substitution. I think people were expecting Sanogo to get the hook, and a few people around me were taking their frustration out on him a bit, but yet, as you said, there was a lot of strong and positive support too. Turned out to be a good substitution though.

I'm hoping that result will do enough to raise the confidence to have a good last few games in the league, nick fourth, and have players coming back to see us over the line in the final too.

For all the wailing and gnashing of teeth, we could still end up with our best season for years. I'm glad that I was there today, in the end.

Cyprus The Immortal Gooner
04-13-2014, 07:54 AM

No. 3 Eroica
04-13-2014, 10:58 AM
My throat is so sore today.