PDA

View Full Version : Hang on, weren't we all clambering over each other to praise AW just a couple of months ago?

halfsharkalligatorhalfman
04-07-2014, 02:39 PM
How well would Liverpool be doing right now if they had lost their 4 (or more) best players all at the same time?

This run has indubitably been a bit ****, but this season has still been an improvement overall, so far, and there are plenty of positives to build upon next season. Or is my head deep in the sand (thus exposing my thinking parts)?

Red N White Army
04-07-2014, 02:49 PM
Win 7 in a row, we'll get 4th and the FA Cup. Trouble is, our form doesn't look like it will get us in that position..

Lord Roose Bolton
04-07-2014, 02:50 PM
He can stay a little bit longer.

For countless years we have gone into games with no plan, other that to play our own game, with the same formations over 38 games.

Just not cutting it anymore.

I never believed we would win the league this season and have stuck with my opinion Wenger will never win another league title.

Monty91
04-07-2014, 02:50 PM
about him twice in the space of 7 months.

Pat Vegas
04-07-2014, 03:29 PM
but Arsene is supposed to get the best of his players whoever he picks.

He doesn't appear capable of this anymore.

Even with injuries the players are experienced and good enough to do better than that. Something is very off. The injury excuse used on a yearly basis doesn't wash with me this time.

Plus we had a transfer window to strengthen, He decides to loan a old Swedish bloke with a broken back. :shrug:

Yorkshire
04-07-2014, 03:32 PM
higher than our position last season. The best we can do realistically is match last seasons league achievement.

Not too sure if that is improvement.

Bergkamp's Brain
04-07-2014, 04:02 PM
Using it to justify a poor run of form is a bit "ostrich" imo. Why do we have 6, 7, 8, 9 players out for long stretches of games every season? That is a question that has been asked repeatedly and the manager hasn't been able to solve it for many years.

Have we improved? It depends on your point of view. If we finish 5th and get more points than last season, is that an improvement?

Monty91
04-07-2014, 04:15 PM
because of injuries.

Bergkamp's Brain
04-07-2014, 04:57 PM
Unless you are George Graham in which case you get sacked for brown envelopes or for being a former Arsenal manager at Spurs

redgunamo
04-07-2014, 04:58 PM
It's the depth/injuries coin, ultimately dependent on results. If we're winning we talk about the wonders of our big squad; the very same squad loses form and we bemoan our injuries.