PDA

View Full Version : Wenger will not get sacked, folks

Chief Arrowhead
04-07-2014, 02:21 PM
The impetus for ousting him will not come from the owner. As a matter of fact it was his great admiration for Wenger that lead him to become interested in The Arsenal in the first place.

The Board as currently constructed won't be of the desire to initiate such an action either.

Also, and this will pain folks who want him gone, like it or not playing for Wenger is the main attraction for top players to want to come to The Arsenal. It ain't the weather and nobody gives a rip about tradition (see Man City). Without Wenger we are just Tottenham in many ways.

In my mind the most likely scenario is that over the summer a transitional period is put in place where Wenger will step down in the next couple of seasons. This will be all hashed out as he signs the next, last contract. Since he is sitting in the seat there to the left of Wenger I'd say that Steve Bould would be the likely successor, but they won't announce that.

This is the kind thing that would be amenable to everyone, especially the owner. Wenger gets his respect. Here's something else. We want Wenger to be in a supervisory role after his on the pitch management days are over. You won't find anyone that even comes close to the contacts he has as well as the universal respect (excepting some Arsenal fans) he garners from the soccerball community.

Red N White Army
04-07-2014, 02:46 PM

Chief Arrowhead
04-07-2014, 02:59 PM
In fact with some of the reshuffling going on and Cygan back into the fold I might dare to say that the wheels are moving already.

Tommy Dickfingers
04-07-2014, 03:12 PM

Red N White Army
04-07-2014, 03:31 PM
http://news.arseblog.com/2014/03/former-invincible-to-join-a rsenal-board/ (http://news.arseblog.com/2014/03/former-invincible-to-join-arsenal-board/)

Yorkshire
04-07-2014, 03:39 PM
not be happy with his investment... or wenger.

Pat Vegas
04-07-2014, 03:56 PM
current business model. There is no enjoyment in it.