PDA

View Full Version : You won't like me & I don't like myself for saying this but

Dorset Gooner
04-07-2014, 12:55 PM
for the first time I will say it, perhaps it is time for dear Arsene to move on.
Yes he has been our most successful manager, yes he has made us play football of the highest quality, yes he helped us move to a lovely big stadium & yes he has performed miracles in getting us to the CL year in year out on a tight budget but.....
This season was a fantastic opportunity to go very close for the league. We had 3 of the main players with new managers. In the summer we fannied about offering silly money for one of the best strikers in the world (had we paid even £60m he would have been a snip & worth more now) we buggered up the other deal for Higuain (too high a price & then bad info on Suarez) we didn't strengthen at the back. We did bugger all in January. This when we had money available so no excuses. The CEO needs to go too.
Our recent collapse has been quite unbelievable.
We may still make the top 4 (I doubt it) & will probably win the FA cup but we will never win the league or CL with Arsene & the current club strategy.
Oh & before everyone cries about injuries these happen to every team we are only different because we take stupid gambles with players fitness & hence why we get more problems than other clubs.
:wave:

Pokster
04-07-2014, 01:01 PM

JohnnyPuma
04-07-2014, 01:06 PM
I believe that what Wenger has done for the club is exceptional. He has qualified us for CL every year despite an obvious financial disadvantage (so far), he is our most successful manager ever and he has made us into one of the biggest clubs in the world.

To sack him would be disrespectful to a manager that has been incredibly loyal to the club and stayed when he could easily had moved on.

Still, the situation is that we are in a new situation where we finally have some financial muscle. In the summer there will presumably be a lot of money to spend. I think Arsenal has to start thinking long-term. A new manager is going to come in in a couple of years anyway.

I would rather give a new manager the chance to build his own team than spend a lot this summer and then have a new manager take over a team in a few years that he wants to reshape.

This is the perfect opportunity. Wenger's contract runs out. He may have won the FA cup and may have finished fourth again. It saves face for everyone and it will be easier to attract a good manager to take over.

Uttoxeter Gun
04-07-2014, 01:08 PM
:thumbup:

One Wilf Copping
04-07-2014, 01:10 PM

One Wilf Copping
04-07-2014, 01:11 PM

Dorset Gooner
04-07-2014, 01:18 PM

One Wilf Copping
04-07-2014, 01:23 PM
"Failure to renew a fixed term contract is considered in law to be a dismissal, which means that it can also be an unfair dismissal if the employee has 2 years' continuous service (and any breaks between contracts will be closely scrutinised by a Tribunal).

"Employers therefore need a fair reason to dismiss, and should follow a fair procedure. In many cases the reason for dismissal is 'some other substantial reason', most commonly because the person the fixed term employee was covering has come back to work, and it was always clear that this was the arrangement.

"If an employee's contract is not renewed because they are not considered up to the job, then the reason for dismissal is capability which means that a dismissal for poor performance in the absence of prior warnings is likely to be unfair."

Dorset Gooner
04-07-2014, 01:26 PM

Monty91
04-07-2014, 01:29 PM
Given we've been so impressed by what he can do without it?

Uttoxeter Gun
04-07-2014, 01:33 PM

Classic Jorge
SPENSAMFAKKINMANNYYOUSENILFRENCHCANT!!!

Pokster
and fail to improive the parts of the team that needed it most, we went into January in a strong position and he again failed to cover the injured players we already had or strengthen in the 1 striker area, which is 1 area where we have no cover at all.

JohnnyPuma
04-07-2014, 01:35 PM
I would not have any problems with Wenger spending money. I have confidence in him when it comes to buying players. But managers have different views on playing style, which players they want etc.

Letting a manager spend £100 million if he is going to retire in two years does not make any sense to me. A new manager would then have to start rebuilding with less money available.

Focus should be on what benefits the club long-term, not just next season.

Sir Charlie of Nicholas
04-07-2014, 01:37 PM

Monty91
04-07-2014, 01:38 PM

JohnnyPuma
04-07-2014, 01:38 PM

Classic Jorge
04-07-2014, 01:39 PM
The man's rebuilt the club from the ground up, he's always thinking 3-5 years down the line so I'd see no reason to doubt him now just because he's retiring, if he is.

Dorset Gooner
04-07-2014, 01:39 PM
the summer was the real f**k up.

Curly
04-07-2014, 01:40 PM

Uttoxeter Gun
04-07-2014, 01:42 PM

JohnnyPuma
04-07-2014, 01:47 PM
Quite the opposite. I have always defended Wenger (and still do).
But it does not make any sense to me to give him £100 million (or whatever the transfer funds are) now, if he is going to retire in two years.

It would be better to offer it to a new manager who could build the team he wants to.

I believe that is long-term thinking.

Do not let the fact that I don't conform to the "Wenger Out" camp or "Wenger can do no wrong" camp confuse you.

Bergkamp's Brain
04-07-2014, 01:49 PM
season in, season out and nothing appears to change on that front, one cannot put injuries down to bad luck but instead, it must be put down to a fundamental failing within the club itself. The manager must be held totaly accountable for this.

Peter
04-07-2014, 02:16 PM
He has looked utterly powerless for the last two months. I dont think i am looking at the arsene i remember.

I think it is time.....

redgunamo
04-07-2014, 03:51 PM