PDA

View Full Version : If Wenger was to resign / get fired? seriously who would we get better?

afc1
04-06-2014, 05:49 PM
I keep seeing Klopp mentioned, but he could walk into any club in Europe and as much as I think he would be great, I just cant see it happening....I don't see what we have to offer...

Remember we have a board who struggle to offer more than £1 extra for someone like Suarez... they will be looking for a cheap, out of contract "steady pair of hands".... or Steve Bould (which wouldn't be that bad imo...)

Do we really think we would be better off with AW going?

Cyprus The Immortal Gooner
04-06-2014, 05:52 PM
any favors...

Lord Roose Bolton
04-06-2014, 05:54 PM
He likes stability and we are not a team to make rash choices or go after pay as you go managers like Chelsea, City and Madrid

We are a massive club, world class stadium and now swimming in money.

Worldwide fanbase and a classy outfit.

Theres not many managers out there who would turn us down

arse-nick (avid-analogue-addict)
04-06-2014, 05:59 PM
present employ, would turn down an opportunity like AFC down?

Wembleygooner- raised in hornsey
04-06-2014, 05:59 PM
Of course- it's the choice of manager that's key - they are already queuing round the block

Lord Roose Bolton
04-06-2014, 06:03 PM

Jake
04-06-2014, 06:05 PM
What are they at right now, exactly?

Bergkamp's Brain
04-06-2014, 06:06 PM
Gazidis is paid the big bucks to make the big decisions. Wenger earns a fortune as does Gazidis. The club would be foolish to make the decision to let Wenger go and then cheap out on his replacement. Arsenal are still a big name in European Football. We can still attract quality in the managerial and playing stakes. If we are in the champions league, attracting these types will be easier. If we are not, we will have to pay more to secure them.

Herbette Chapman - aged 15
04-06-2014, 06:08 PM

Lord Roose Bolton
04-06-2014, 06:11 PM

7evens
04-06-2014, 06:12 PM
Better off, worse off... either I suppose, nothing much guaranteed out there by changing managers, just look at Spurs.

It's also not a reason to fear change either. He earned a deserved reprieve earlier in the season but we've hit the bricks again. How many more seasons do you want to give the bloke ?

There are always a handful of exceptions but success is rarely limitless. I fully expect him to call it a day after what will hopefully be a glorious cup winning end.

Sentiment and loyalty only gets you so far in sport.

Bergkamp's Brain
04-06-2014, 06:14 PM
Those types of clubs may have had dips over the last few years, but they still have attractions.

Jake
04-06-2014, 06:18 PM
Klopp will tire of the Bayern dominance, but this summer is too soon.

Letting Arsene leave would be madness, we should be convincing him to stay. The managerial availabilities, or lack thereof, means we would be in a far worse position without him next season.

Herbette Chapman - aged 15
04-06-2014, 06:19 PM

'Neg
04-06-2014, 06:21 PM

Hendon Gooner (Only Easy Day Was Yesterday))
04-06-2014, 06:22 PM
who have we actually brought in that could be classed as a European super star player and has wanted to come to Arsenal because we are in the Champions League.

Part of the problem being a board that doesn't really want to invest the £150M that it has lounging in the bank on some real quality players to give the squad the re-enforcing it so desperately needs.

Wenger's problem is that he really does not believe that any of these great players out there are worth more that £10M.
He is stuck in the past.

Let's give somebody else a chance. If they f**k up at least we tried something different rather than this purgatory of being perennial under achievers..

Bergkamp's Brain
04-06-2014, 06:27 PM
We also have potential to be a way better than we are. We can attract a top manager.

Jake
04-06-2014, 06:27 PM
Are you questioning why we haven't bought a big money player in the immediate years after spending hundreds of millions on a new stadium?

Do you tend to save your money for a new house and then immediately spunk money you don't have on a holiday?

Lord Roose Bolton
04-06-2014, 06:29 PM
We have a quality squad and any manager worth their salt would easily get us at least 4th and losing out on it wouldnt be that bad.

We need a manager who can provide tactics for each game and hold every player accountable for their position.

Jake
04-06-2014, 06:36 PM

Lord Roose Bolton
04-06-2014, 06:39 PM
The majority of defeats we suffer, we never go down fighting.

Thats what hurts the most.

Thats why people get angry.

One Wilf Copping
04-06-2014, 06:50 PM
that would give him the time, space and resources to do that.

I can't imagine him joining a Chelsea or Monaco, he seems to have to much integrity for that.

He wouldn't have any fun managing a club like that in 'cheat mode'...

Darren's Dodgy Denim
04-06-2014, 06:52 PM

04-06-2014, 07:11 PM
and then have them sitting on their arses because they are too **** to play or we loan them out to teams in far flung places...

Do YOU remember the propaganda from the Ministry of Arsenal that claimed the stadium would NOT be a drain on the team and that transfer budgets were separate from the stadium move etc....

We can have 10 or more youth players on shed loads of money rather than spend that or 3 or so quality experienced players...

The joke is that some geezer is getting £7.5M per season for that shower of ****e.....

And the even worse joke is the AKB deluded cnunts that can see no wrong in Wenger.

Choke on that!

David Pleat AHADF (Royal Welsher and monkey lover)
04-06-2014, 07:16 PM
you mean. He's won nothing for 9years.

04-06-2014, 07:19 PM
I've never been able to make it to the parade that's held around Islington to celebrate when Arsenal clinch that 4th place trophy...

Jake
04-06-2014, 07:20 PM
It doesn't take a genius to know that renewing a players contract is far cheaper than buying a player for 20+ million on a 4 year deal on x amount of money.

Something is clearly not right, but to criticise our very sound economic structure is just f**king daft.

I would direct you to start ranting about the manner in which our team only appear to play in one way and are unable to adjust themselves/be adjusted, according to the opposition.

That would be a far less stupid, and more reasonable, line of argument against the team/manager.

Bergkamp's Brain
04-06-2014, 07:21 PM

Yorkshire
04-06-2014, 07:41 PM
You said 'I would direct you to start ranting about the manner in which our team only appear to play in one way and are unable to adjust themselves/be adjusted, according to the opposition. That would be a far less stupid, and more reasonable, line of argument against the team/manager.'

Arn't the two inextricably linked? The manager's job is make sure the team can adapt tactically, and not keep playing the one-dimensional way! The buck must stop with the manager as he has the power to make the change.

Bergkamp's Brain
04-06-2014, 07:43 PM

Jake
04-06-2014, 07:45 PM
It's not just wrong, it's f**king retarded.