PDA

View Full Version : Wenger: "[Everton were] sharper, better and deserved to win." He's lost the dressing room Shrug

One Wilf Copping
04-06-2014, 04:12 PM
"The only time we looked like coming back into the game was in the second half, then we gave an easy goal away. Then that was it.

"It will be difficult to finish in top four but first we have to focus on the quality of our performances.

"I wouldn't question the spirit of this team but we have lost something on the confidence front. We looked disjointed when we had to run after the score. The other big defeats away from home have taken some of the charisma from this team."

LadyG -keeping the spirit of the unbeatables alive
04-06-2014, 04:14 PM

Hendon Gooner (Only Easy Day Was Yesterday))
04-06-2014, 04:15 PM
Alzheimer's is a terrible thing...

Blupunter
04-06-2014, 04:16 PM
Even someone with a very poor sense of direction would be able to find a dressing-room in a football ground. And, Wenger's been to Goodison Park before so it's even more unlikely in this case.

Bergkamp's Brain
04-06-2014, 04:18 PM

One Wilf Copping
04-06-2014, 04:20 PM
Just look at the points we've picked up (or rather haven't picked up) since winning the Palace game in early Feb. We were desperately poor in that game as well when I think back.

Surely Wenger must be asking himself the same questions. This kind of chronic loss of form is just impossible to ignore.

Wembleygooner- raised in hornsey
04-06-2014, 04:23 PM
See him go with an FA Cup win and a hearty handshake - but it will feel hollow after this season that gave us one of the longest false dawns in recent memory - his focus on his 1st eleven has been too great - January did for him , he knows it now- Ivan has to bear a lot of the blame for not being that guiding light that Dein was in my view.

Bergkamp's Brain
04-06-2014, 04:25 PM
and nothing appears to have been done about it.

04-06-2014, 04:28 PM
We at least deserve that this season, I won't forget about the glory years though. Even in the trophy less years there have been positives. Also Wenger will find work again, if he wants it.

One Wilf Copping
04-06-2014, 04:29 PM
his role is more on the commercial and infrastructure side.

How could it be anything else when he was vetted by Wenger before being given the job?

TRENT COLTON
04-06-2014, 04:31 PM
It's only bad luck that one didn't work out.

04-06-2014, 04:34 PM

Wembleygooner- raised in hornsey
04-06-2014, 04:39 PM
Gpwm

TRENT COLTON
04-06-2014, 04:50 PM
He's been next to useless as an option to improve our season. The same with Sanogo. A raw prospect who turns up, and needs 5 months of fitness work just to start first team training. While Giroud is expected to carry the CF role all season. Just an insane transfer strategy.