PDA

View Full Version : Read it For anyone who thinks Wenger should renew his contract >>>

One Wilf Copping
04-06-2014, 03:36 PM
Ask youself how we can play like world-beaters for 20 minutes at home against Bayern, chasing every ball, tracking back, running off the ball etc and then look so pedestrian and uninterested in most of the games since.

Whatever anyone thinks about our tactics, transfer policy, substitutions, injury record, there is no excuse for the lack of effort and passion in most games.

Whatever else there seems to be a huge motivation issue among the players and most of the team seem to be picking and choosing their games.

Players tend to get complacent and learn all their manager's tricks. At a certain point this turns into a lack of respect and players switching off. This happened to Wenger at Monaco where there was a long, slow decline before he left.

The only alternative is for managers to move on every three or four years or, if they have the power, to be utterly ruthless and axe one or two star names every year the way Ferguson used to. Forcing out the likes of Ince, Kanchelskis, Beckham and Stam on a regular basis definitely concentrated the minds of all the players that survived...

Over e last five or six years Wenger has been blind to his own and his team's failings and probably too loyal to players that really haven't earned that confidence and loyalty.

Hendon Gooner (Only Easy Day Was Yesterday))
04-06-2014, 03:38 PM
From a bloke in the pub that knows somebody that knows somebody on the back office at Arsenal..

:rubchin:

LadyG -keeping the spirit of the unbeatables alive
04-06-2014, 03:42 PM

One Wilf Copping
04-06-2014, 03:43 PM
"Do you want me to stay on? Do you want me to reconsider my future? Show me you care."

Definitely a slippery slope that approach... :hehe:

LadyG -keeping the spirit of the unbeatables alive
04-06-2014, 03:44 PM

Hendon Gooner (Only Easy Day Was Yesterday))
04-06-2014, 03:45 PM

Wembleygooner- raised in hornsey
04-06-2014, 03:45 PM
The new manager will add to the squad and take us to the next level, it s actually Gazidis I feel more worried about - he thinks he can do a Levy

cayou
04-06-2014, 03:46 PM
That's all. Imagine Liverpool without Suarez and Sturridge, Chelsea without Hazard and ... Eto (can't find a proper striker they would really miss), Man City without Toure and Aguero. Only the last ones would really cope because they have a huge squad.

At the start of this pivotal game vs Everton, we couldn't field Ramsey/Ozil/Wilshere/Diaby/Koscielny/Gibbs/Walcott

This is the spine of a title winning team !

Peter
04-06-2014, 03:51 PM

One Wilf Copping
04-06-2014, 03:52 PM
Even without our stars we still have better players than many of our opponents - like Stoke, for example.

When other clubs are missing players they work harder to compensate for that. How often do we see that from Arsenal?

Bergkamp's Brain
04-06-2014, 04:13 PM

Bergkamp's Brain
04-06-2014, 04:15 PM

One Wilf Copping
04-06-2014, 04:24 PM

Bergkamp's Brain
04-06-2014, 04:36 PM

cayou
04-06-2014, 05:07 PM
The second string team is average, deal with it without whining.

How do you measure that a team "work harder" ? That sentence usually comes from people when they want to blame their team when they have no clue of what went wrong.

One Wilf Copping
04-06-2014, 06:35 PM
the opposition players have run 0.5 to 1km more than ours on average.

:shrug: