PDA

View Full Version : I hope Wenger stays. There I said it.

cayou
04-06-2014, 02:42 PM
I'm convinced we would still be in the title hunt without all these injuries.

I hope he stays some more years, reaps the reward of the last years by winning the PL one last time. The guy certainly doesnt deserve to quit after such a nightmarish season.

LadyG -keeping the spirit of the unbeatables alive
04-06-2014, 02:45 PM
The ending is nightmarish!

Alexism - Atheoist
04-06-2014, 02:51 PM
of a striker also bit us hard but then everyone knows that.

That being said, our play from game 2 till the New Year shows we can play with anyone and win the league with this team - if we add the depth of quality and keep Sagna.

cayou
04-06-2014, 02:51 PM
Nothing worse psychologically than having something then lose it.

We never had the quality these last years to compete for the PL

Now we have the quality. Unfortunately, most of it is at the hospital right now.

Wembleygooner- raised in hornsey
04-06-2014, 02:52 PM
We have a 60k all seater to pay for - it's not good enough, he must go and be replaced with someone that can transmit their passion to the players and is better connected in the transfer market - there I said it .

04-06-2014, 02:54 PM
There is no drive or determination, they seem to stay in the slow lane that is their comfort zone.

SOLMAN(read by millions)
04-06-2014, 02:55 PM
buying players who have no pace, Cazorla is a prime example, great little player but not suited to PL

04-06-2014, 02:59 PM
No one can factor in the sort of injuries that Ramsey, Walcott and even Wilshere have suffered. All three long term and out of the blue.

Dr Headgear - Wannabe viking
04-06-2014, 02:59 PM
Cazorla is suited to the PL, but not as the main focus of our attack.

cayou
04-06-2014, 03:00 PM
http://injuryleague.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/140402.jp g (http://injuryleague.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/140402.jpg)

We had a run for the PL, we might finish in the top 4 and win a trophy despite that.

Wembleygooner- raised in hornsey
04-06-2014, 03:02 PM

cayou
04-06-2014, 03:05 PM
Our second string team would finish 5th-8th. And it showed.

Peter
04-06-2014, 03:09 PM
Inability to do anything about them. Those players can hardly play worse than they have in our last five away games yet wenger has not mansged to do anything at all to change it. That is schocking and it has to be goodbye. He has lost the dressing room or the will to live, who knows which.

Sorry, but there are no excuses left. No professional club should tolerate performances as bad as that. We have now seen five in s row, utterly humiliating, incompetent performances.

Honestly,......i could get them playing as well as that. That is how bad things are.

Wenger has to take the blame. I hate myself for saying it but i think he needs to leave.

cayou
04-06-2014, 03:13 PM
Yes I have good memory.

04-06-2014, 03:41 PM

Peter
04-06-2014, 03:46 PM
And i cant see anything happening to change it.

You cant pass the buck, it has to stop with the manager. One bad performance might be about the players. Five and you have to ask why nothing has been done.

Wenger was always able to change things. You would see a dreadful first half performance be transformed by his work in the dressing room at half time. He has had two months to address this and he hasnt made any kind of improvement at all.

This team is simply too good to be getting thrashed and outplayed every week. There is something badly wrong.

TRENT COLTON
04-06-2014, 03:46 PM
Wenger has admitted taking the gamble on him. He does it so often with key players. Keeps using them, right up until they break. Not enough squad players that he really trusts, leads him to always take a gamble on using the key man just a little too much. Where's the plan for managing players' fitness, so that they're peaking for the second half of the season? I think there's also a huge issue with the rehab of injured players, and rushing them back to quickly. Again linked with sqaud depth. There are a lot more issues around our key injuries than simple bad luck imo.

Dr Headgear - Wannabe viking
04-06-2014, 03:48 PM

Bergkamp's Brain
04-06-2014, 04:08 PM