PDA

View Full Version : Today shows why I have learned not to doubt Arsene. Good tactical adjustment at halftime too

Alexism - Atheoist
03-29-2014, 07:24 PM
Take note all who say he doesn't do tactics.

Despite all that, I view today as a point gained since City are just so good and we had been slumping.

Wd Arsene and Arsenal.

Billy Goat Sverige
03-29-2014, 07:27 PM

devongunner
03-29-2014, 07:32 PM

Billy Goat Sverige
03-29-2014, 07:34 PM
half and it gave the players a second wind so to speak and then they started pressing more and winning every 50/50 etc...

Hendon Gooner (Only Easy Day Was Yesterday))
03-29-2014, 07:49 PM

Alexism - Atheoist
03-29-2014, 08:53 PM

NZgunner
03-30-2014, 12:11 AM
a much more gutsy performance, credit to the players for keeping their heads up, especially after the first goal

ultimately though, it was the sort of performance you'd expect from a mid-table team up against one of the big boys - don't be fooled into thinking this was something that it wasn't

City were happy enough with a point after chelski's result and didn't apply the same 20 minutes of pressure that saw us capitulate to the scousers and chelski

Wenger didn't pull off a masterstroke here, he managed to motivate the players - but his substitutions were those of a man shoring things up rather than going for a last shot at the title, despite what he said before the game, he had already lost his belief

Alexism - Atheoist
03-30-2014, 02:20 AM
And given we're without all the injured players, he didn't have much wiggle room to manipulate the game with his subs.

NZgunner
03-30-2014, 04:21 AM
both substitutions were straight swaps

the Podolski one I can understand as he hardly ever has 90 minutes in him (why the f*ck is that?), but bringing on Sanogo for Giroud showed he was more afraid of taking off a midfielder like Arteta or Flamini and being exposed

Wenger's fear of losing was stronger than his desire to win - you could be charitable and say it was the value of that point in the race for 4th, but there could also have been his own ego in there, desperate not to lose again to one of the top teams

don't get me wrong, a point was a good outcome, I just don't think the belief was there to go for the win