PDA

View Full Version : Have never felt so bad about Arsenal. I'm sick to my stomach

cayou
03-26-2014, 11:32 AM
For the last 8 years, Wenger sometimes miraculously managed to stay in the top 4 while selling our best player every odd year and spending less money than Stoke in the transfer market.

For the first time in years, he invests some money and keep everyone, and we are in the title race for the first time in years. Then suddendly, injuries creep out from everywhere, letting our squad reduced to the barred bones, and in the matter of weeks, we are just hoping to stay in the top 4 again. Because right now, my gut feeling is we are really on par with Everton (given the odds given by bookies, a bet on top 4 for Everton is a really good investment IMO), they are flying and we are playing like a midtable team. End of season could be ugly.

Half of our fans want Wenger out, the great man gets humiliated on his 1000th by one of the most vile character in modern football, this is really a nightmare.

I find the whole thing unfair, especially for Wenger. He has assembled another great team, but can't use it. How frustrating. Ozil/Walcott/Ramsey/Diaby/Wilshere and now Kos. Seriously. We are "that" close to glory days, I feel it, but if we are out of the CL and Wenger go, we'll have to start from scratch again.

Berni
03-26-2014, 11:36 AM

Mack
03-26-2014, 11:40 AM

Classic Jorge
03-26-2014, 11:40 AM
What we've been doing for the last decade is investing, building a stadium that will make us money and turning round property to sell at a profit.

Spunking the GDP of some countries on footballers transfer fees and their remuneration is not investing, it's spending.

cayou
03-26-2014, 11:45 AM

ArrGee
03-26-2014, 11:53 AM
... I was looking at what Arsenal/Arsene had created with the money. A state of the art stadium with lots of apartments all around. It's a wonderful achievement. Only thing is what do I care? Thing is, Arsenal have never spent money on transfers. Apart from George Graham's splurge in his last week, Arsenal only purchase with what they raise from sales.

Arsenal are great investors but don't spend. You'd have to go back to the thirties to find the only manager who invested and spent.

cayou
03-26-2014, 11:59 AM
I follow Arsenal for 20 years, and we have experienced bad moments (though less than most clubs obviously) but this time it's really hard to take.

I think it's the mix of disappointment, injustice and frustration. We have a good team, I even think were are one world class striker close to have a great team. But we are "two weeks away" every week to field it.

Berni
03-26-2014, 12:02 PM
Modelmaking, perhaps? Wargaming? Birdwatching? Dogging?

Doesn't do to take a game this seriously, old chum.

Steve Williams - gay for Mark Knopfler
03-26-2014, 12:03 PM

Steve Williams - gay for Mark Knopfler
03-26-2014, 12:04 PM
i.e. remuneration.

Investing or spending.

Classic Jorge
03-26-2014, 12:10 PM

cayou
03-26-2014, 12:16 PM

Monty91
03-26-2014, 12:19 PM