PDA

View Full Version : To the most hardcore Wenger fans? You must at some point start to wonder if he is losing his touch?

Pat Vegas
03-24-2014, 11:23 AM
I don't want the poor chap to be remembered for going out as a big embarrassment.

But something is wrong. The players can play and are better than what they showed on the weekend. But this keeps happening. It's very very strange. something is really wrong.

This is not a post suggesting he should leave but he must be having doubts himself at this point.

Rich
03-24-2014, 11:26 AM
other team in 2013.

We're just not very good against the big teams, that's all. Not really surprising because they all have better players than us/less injuries than us.

Pat Vegas
03-24-2014, 11:31 AM
Best season etc.

Game was over after 7 minutes for f**k sake.

End up finishing up 4th once again. Probably will f**k up the FA cup and we just end up blaming injuries once again.

Rich
03-24-2014, 11:35 AM
something is wrong with Wenger.

I'd suggest the issue is that our tactics are too attacking against the big teams given their hugely talented squads.

We should be aiming to nullify their threat rather than beat them at their own game - because we won't do that as our players are not of the same standard.

The Tony
03-24-2014, 11:36 AM
The statistic I liked was the 500 split win percentages....57% for the first 500 when all we had to do was beat United. Second 500 split 56%....operating at the same level but no where as near the same level of success....what does that tell you?

that even running at a similar strike rate we are getting put in our place but new competitors....the likes of Chelsea, City and now Liverpool.

Pat Vegas
03-24-2014, 11:46 AM
that they can not do the basics in these games?

We can play better than that. In the City game and the game against Chelsea it was just like any time they attacked they can score when ever they want.

In recent years we lost plenty of these encounters but never turned over in such a way (apart from a few exceptions) so many times.

It's just bizarre. They can't all be a bunch of pussies. I don't get it.

Peter
03-24-2014, 12:11 PM

modd
03-24-2014, 12:26 PM
be asked. but we win fa cup and be top three or four and maybe even sneak league mate

LadyG -keeping the spirit of the unbeatables alive
03-24-2014, 12:30 PM
We are all Arsenal supporters with differing views about the way the current manager is or is not doing this, about players but we're not doing so from a fully informed position.

It's getting on my f**king nerves now.

FFS if we really got into it there were differing views about all the managers since the early 70's and there will be differing views about Wenger's successor.

Classic Jorge
03-24-2014, 12:32 PM
I speak to a lot of football fans from different clubs and - your chelsea, spurs and city fans aside - everyone seems genuinely jealous we have him. Not only that, people seem to think we're mad complaining and asking for him to be sacked.

Gooner Canuck
03-24-2014, 12:34 PM
The Manager determines the tactics - what players are in the squad and what approach to take in each match.

Injuries can't be blamed either as all clubs deal with them over a long season and Wenger is in complete control of building the squad. If we don't have enough quality cover that's his responsibility too.

I utterly respect the man and what he has done for the club but it's clear, not just from this season, that whilst we are still a good English side we are a good ways below title-winning calibre and Arsene no longer seems to know how to lead us back there.

redgunamo
03-24-2014, 12:41 PM

Peter
03-24-2014, 12:51 PM
Sorry, couldn't resist :hehe: :hehe:

taxman10
03-24-2014, 12:53 PM
Obviously I dont get paid £7m a year to manage a football team, but Im wondering whether entering a season with 1 first team striker might be considered a slightly problematic strategy?

LadyG -keeping the spirit of the unbeatables alive
03-24-2014, 01:55 PM

Alexism - Atheoist
03-24-2014, 03:09 PM