PDA

View Full Version : so is it now ok to say we need a top CF without being shot down by the

devongunner
03-23-2014, 03:36 PM
I love Giroud fans. Unless we get one Ozil will never come good as he looks like his passing goes astray.

Giroud decent replacement for bendtner but should be 3rd choice after Podolski and benzema and yes if that means changing the way we play then so be it. No point in buying Ozil unless we are ready to change our tactics. We need speedy forwards to run on to Ozil's killer through balls.

Maybe it's time AW moved upstairs and we got Ancelotti in

Nicosia Gooner
03-23-2014, 03:39 PM
ridiculous and Pods proved it on the occasions that he was played in that position

You are of course aware that Giroud has scored 18 goals in the loan striker position that he plays in; it isn't easy always have to play against 2 centre backs

The Tony
03-23-2014, 03:39 PM
We only want value and a player who can offer more than we currently have. He might be very happy with Giroud and Yaya with a full season under him :(

Have to admit....quite like Diego Costa...bit of a beast...could slot right in but he seems the have something for the Drax.

devongunner
03-23-2014, 03:56 PM
Giroud hasn't turned up against the bigger teams and Podolski plays a different game to Giroud. I am really looking at the Gernmany tean where Podolski scores lots. I think we have to change now we have ozil otherwise its a waste. With an Ozil in the team I think we change to two up front,so perhaps

Szcesney

Sagna/New RB, Koscielney, Mertesacker (new faster CB) Gibbs

Flamini/New DM

Cazorla/Lallana, Ozil, Ramsey

Walcott/Podolski Benzema/

Nicosia Gooner
03-23-2014, 04:03 PM
can hold and distribute the ball for the other offensive players

devongunner
03-23-2014, 04:07 PM
I don't think it works with Giroud as a lone striker

LadyG -keeping the spirit of the unbeatables alive
03-23-2014, 04:08 PM

devongunner
03-23-2014, 04:15 PM
But the main feeling at the time seemed to be that Giroud was good enough.

To be fair he has done OK as far as it goes but I truly believe that to progress (and Ozil to me is a statement of ambition) we need a better player than Giroud and playing the ball to a holding cf is not what Ozil is about. Of course the perfect sokution for us up front is Suarez and Walcott or Sturridge but that clearly isn't going to happen.

This bit has been more about the way we play as I think now everyone agrees we need a top top CF

Nicosia Gooner
03-23-2014, 04:29 PM