PDA

View Full Version : Schurrle cost 18m - he looks a fantastic player - he was bought last June

Wembleygooner- raised in hornsey
03-23-2014, 08:21 AM
When wenger said he couldn't find anybody and sanogo was the best he could do - by the way - ozil was panic bought after we lost the opening game - more of the same **** to come as we stay top four because arsenal charge the most and stay in limbo wenger himself said we are a selling club - we buy we develop we sell - champs league money pays for it - we keep the ones that will qualify us for top four - bin the rest - top talent gets sold on- it's the economic model - the top European sides know this that's why they buy from us - wenger is occasionally forced to buy someone like ozil when the top four qualifiers don't look like they can do it but otherwise things like cup runs trophies is all smoke and mirrors, champs league qualification is always the main aim every year - wenger says it himself, you watch his arse get off its chair when that is under threat - 6-0, 6-3, 5-1, he never moved. The FA cup run was a lucky, lucky, run be nice day out but that won't happen every year, and we all know it. We have a nice stadium the most expensive tickets in the country, the most expensive food - £2.20 for water! - but this model is the one that the investors love - provides a return every year. WD Arsenal a business made in heaven.

Herbette Chapman - aged 15
03-23-2014, 08:35 AM

LadyG -keeping the spirit of the unbeatables alive
03-23-2014, 08:37 AM
Tell me drink was taken heavily or this is a cut and paste quote.

03-23-2014, 08:39 AM

03-23-2014, 08:46 AM
But I guess that's what you get when it's spewed from a bitter heart.

Rich
03-23-2014, 09:00 AM
waste on someone that can't even write.

What is your first language? Hopefully not English as that would render you so f**king thick that it's quite difficult to believe.

03-23-2014, 09:11 AM
Good! Thank God for that, I couldn't read anymore of your particular brand of student drivel.

03-23-2014, 09:14 AM
I'm disappointed with myself, ranting faster than I could type, especially as when I left the Emirates yesterday, I promised I wouldn't rant. I take full responsibility.

barrybueno's mum
03-23-2014, 09:15 AM

Nicosia Gooner
03-23-2014, 09:25 AM
Our cup run was lucky?

We faced Spurs, Liverpool and Everton to reach the semis and you say we are lucky; you will of course reply we had home ties but did that help Man City against Wigan

I will have a go at the rest of the post if you like but I would like to ask you to reconsider this bitterness that you have and come out with the same continuous drivel

Don't think that you are the only that hurts because we all are, but we try and be sensible, consider the circumstances since we last won a trophy and then perhaps we have good reasons

I would be more than happy to meet up with you Pre Swansea on Tuesday and discuss this over a drink

03-23-2014, 11:20 AM
Nicosia, I would be delighted to meet up - although I will be on babysitting duty on Tuesday- City or any of the remaining games are fine.

Look, the basis of my frustration is probably rooted in the fact that I have spent a lifetime coaching, developing and managing people to perform to the highest standard in the sales arena.

To train and coach you have to look at the form, what do the most recent stats tell you? I have come to the conclusion that, on balance, my criteria for a successful season, given the resources, are not the same as Arsenals.
They are simply not good enough for me.

I must say I am also disappointed in the ' we had to pay for a stadium' argument, presumably the finances were in place before ground was broken, the extra capacity was supposed to bring money with it to buy success, the hike in ST prices were also given the same reasoning, the massive puma deal equally so, all we get every year are big names bandied about at renewal time and a static season of predictable results - not what I think sport is about.

Happy to discuss any of the points above - I'm not an expert on Arsenal History, just on how teams are developed and how they succeed. It really is obvious when you think about it , The business model at the Emirates works very well for the shareholders, but not for the aspiration of your average Arsenal supporter.

Deleted Account
03-23-2014, 12:29 PM
They just don't want to or find it hard to accept.

Arsenal has been hijacked into a corporate entity and Wenger has facilitated this.

Even should success come, who is it coming to? Not the old Arsenal
and what fans held dear. That is gone, They are supporting a memory and a current day corporate clone.

The players now are mainly characterless, does anyone listen to their inane boring twaddle in interviewa? Or spouting the po faced humble party line.

Flaminoi is about the only exception and it is plain that Wenger has given him the cold shoulder since the shirt cutting. There is a growing list of games we've needed him in as a starter - Mais Non!

03-23-2014, 12:41 PM
So we understand.

Said with a caring sharing tone. :hehe:

Nicosia Gooner
03-23-2014, 01:05 PM